Translate

Monday, February 6, 2017

Drawing- "A Boy Made of Doors"


"A Boy Made of Doors"

While working on a sketch of a lesson in my drawing book, a picture turned up of a man with a door knob for his ear.

So, can he listen?

Maybe the abstract door image is a symbol of his engagement with moving sounds.
I use bits of cubism here and there with curves instead of sharp edges.

This drawing was made possible with the use of construction paper, neon markers, and a neon purple doodling pen.
I like to use rare materials for art.

I had actually walked all over Sacramento, California's capital city.
Years ago, I wandered around for art materials to return with.

I charge 50 cents for a copy of this when it's taken me hundreds of dollars and years of shopping to be able to present a more unique medium.

Hey, why not mix a pen with some markers?

No comments:

Post a Comment