Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Videogame Review, Galaxian for the Atari Home Computers (played on Atari 65XE Computer)




Videogame Review, Galaxian for the Atari Home Computers (played on Atari 65XE Computer)

Don’t use the Atari 2600 joystick for this program.  That’s because a program of like nature within the galaxy is formidable from use of Atari 2600 joysticks.  When I play this game using an Atari 2600 joystick, my ship looks really weird and zig-zags out of control like a mouse leaving a mousetrap who can’t find his sweet spot against the enemies: a bouquet of aliens reign over your field of command in precision themselves while with the 2600 joystick you’re making huge strides back and forth to hit anything from slow ammunition.  Galaxian here is like Galaxian on my Atari 5200 except for the lack of analog.  My Atari 5200 joystick gives this program a touch on future, perfection, and accuracy, whereas my Atari 2600 joystick gives this program a touch on prophesy, imperfection, and excessive ship movement speed.  Instead, you’ll want to play Galaxian on the Atari 65XE with a 7800 joystick.  Then it’ll be a good game.  Because of how the 7800 joystick is more quick and ready for moving directions you’ll be embarking on aliens against what’s possibly their national goal of domination with so much ease, so much immediate change of directions and turns and swerves, the spaceship you’re controlling will move in more of a natural way a UFO is built to make happen.  My Atari 2600 joystick makes my ship look stupid, but my Atari 7800 joystick makes my ship look exotic, thrilling, and something besides an immature joke.  Due to this observation I must ask you not to put away your 7800 joystick just yet.  You know how in Boy Scouts the teenagers use black powder rifles and other such guns, hitting their targets, only to get some pain in the shoulder or tension in the hands?  Maybe I’m crazy for realizing something like this.  Well, the Atari joysticks from the past give off their own forms of feedback in terms of pressure, bodily feedback, and sore muscle parts- in fact, although my 7800 joystick had ergonomics for its time it can feel like my hand holding the controller becomes as hard as the controller itself.  And we have to consider if ergonomics really means “no pain” when we’re supposed to be tough enough to play video games which can go from simple measures to great consequences.  Of course I think a controller is better than another.  What?  Are we to think every device is the same as every other?  I’ve reviewed Galaxian for the Atari 5200 (an excellent game) and I find this Galaxian for the Atari home computers to be a great representation of the future with the 7800 joystick although the 2600 joystick makes everything here sloppy and unapproachable.  I don’t understand why.  Galaxian on the Atari 2600 has good control so why can’t THIS Galaxian be good with the 2600 joystick?  Perhaps it’s by cause of the wide playing field in which my UFO crosses quarters through implication.  Color on my TV is lighter for this Galaxian but I can always tune the color codings and push buttons on my remote to enhance gameplay against the Martians and their action of saturation, not just through invasions but also blowouts.  Let’s dare critics of the 7800 joystick to comment well on my observation here.  They hate the joystick.  Why?  Critics of the 7800 joystick usually mix accusation with inexperience and review such a controller with odd hands as though we’re stirring pudding with the darn thing for remnants of arcade titles.  But it’s a controller, not kitchen equipment!  7800 joysticks aren’t like Wii controllers!  It’s possible they’re imagining they’re playing a game while the TV is off.  You know, they can be hesitant.  The voice you’re using to read this review probably isn’t mine.  The game succeeds in my book- just use the 7800 joystick and put the 2600 joystick aside; come on, you can do it.  


https://youtu.be/eDfkf_Lf948

No comments:

Post a Comment