Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Videogame Review, Marble Madness for the Atari VCS (New Atari Console)

Videogame Review, Marble Madness for the Atari VCS (New Atari Console)


This is a game for Atari VCS, not “Atari 2600”.  The Atari 2600 was the Atari VCS in the late-1970’s.  Now, we have a modern Atari VCS and the 1970’s “Atari VCS” is now Atari 2600 for history purposes.  I’m playing a game called Marble Madness.  It was a game for the arcade machine.  Ironically, I can play Marble Madness just fine without a trackball.  Maybe a trackball would make Marble Madness improve with gameplay; then again, arcade machines in the 1980’s would often break from repeated use.  For history purposes, I need to be somewhat pedantic about Marble Madness since I don’t live in the 1980’s anymore and my memory of childhood can only stretch into the early-1990’s.  I’ve never seen a Marble Madness arcade machine.  In fact, for most of California today, we don’t really get arcade machines.  We might run into shopping malls and Subway locations with claw machines.  Claw machines are a kind of arcade machine.  You see them.  A claw machine has a window with beautiful dolls for children although I’ve almost never seen a child beat the claw machine.  That’s evidence with my claim that children are never occupational.  Besides, even if a child gets a beautiful doll from the claw machine, who needs that beautiful doll?  Just a McDonald’s location can be even more beautiful in California and I’ve seen beautiful McDonald’s locations around the Earth in parts to visit with my budget.  Anyways, from hearing “Marble Madness” you can probably guess what the game is about- you take a marble on TV and do stuff with it.  The good news is, Marble Madness looks and feels awesome on my 4K TV; the bad news is, the poor internet connection makes it difficult or impossible to upload my high score of points for the arcade challenge.  You earn points in the game.  In many ways, I like the NES version of Marble Madness better.  I have more controller options for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), and, the Nintendo Entertainment System has catchy music and alternative versatility for Marble Madness gameplay.  In California, you can also find arcade machines that are not video games at all!  As examples in California you can find ice cream machines and soda machines that are still in “arcade” sections of the western American state.  Remember: the word “arcade” is not the word “gameplay”.  Pepsi and Coca-Cola are often located in spots where there’s arcade but no gameplay; or, if there’s gameplay, you do it on your “phone” or smartphone.  I find this situation hilarious!  Sometimes, a cell phone does okay for a controller; but, usually, you’re going to need a BIG TV and a controller with a HUGE grab with physical substance of plastic and more.  I hope programmers are not releasing too many downloads and links to excuse themselves from having to start physical production of goods; because, to be honest, materialism is very important for video games, for, we need materials to even “have” a controller.  Keep in mind that the Atari VCS has a bigger history of games from the past than the Playstation 5 does.  Sure, the PS5 console is useful for really intense 4K TV games, but I enjoy having 4K TV and surround sound TV theater speakers for retro video games in our history of gaming.  What would Playstation 2 games look like on 4K TV?  From playing Marble Madness on the Atari VCS my gameplay gets exciting.  You can get a pretty high score on Marble Madness I’m sure unless you’re totally new to video games.  Marble Madness has very, very original artwork we do not find in almost ALL video games.  Even “modern” video games do not compare well to Marble Madness.  The reason for this is simple: Marble Madness looks like an expensive abstract painting.  You can see balls, squares, curls, rough lines, and extremely mysterious curves of TV light.  Call of Duty has nothing like Marble Madness.  The arcade classic plays very well even if my controller has a thumbstick with greater use for numbness of my hands and motivational intellect.  I’m using Atari’s Xbox-style controller.  I will try their joystick later.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Marble-Madness-Atari-VCS-916374308

No comments:

Post a Comment