Translate

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Interview on a Poet and the Show

Question on Writing

"Hi, I am a new writer and was wondering if you could please take a look at my poems and send me some feedback. I am trying to improve my writing.

Thanks in advance,
Nate [Tulay]"

-From Poem Hunter

Response: You've used the phrase 'spirit of the ages', which is related to literary critic William Hazlitt's 'Spirit of the Age'. You might want to question as to what are the pleasures you're down to earth with and how deep you can dig up on your wit. I like how your poetic dialect lays down the problems as though there's direct input to face the facts. It can also help to learn what is mysterious enough to recognize for your imagination. There's pragmatical styles in your speech between the differences on quality and personality. Let's say that quality is prolonged change and personality is eventual verdict: yes, you're in commended situations as often as poetry on movie-like phenomena revitalizes your volume on given speeches. You're doing good! Just have more strength and destiny to add the attractive tendency you exhibit.


Now, on to the show, shall we?

"Split Weather"

I’m deserted to jazz in the oasis across
from loving cockroaches who linger around
my tork, just for addition of colors to
motioning rondo when mom can order N64
on demand in tribute to Gary’s father day
of frugal coffee and free bagels.  That warm
picture of tea in its abstraction to painted
curtains helps me on those schizophrenic
dreams as they ring in my rushed mind: it’s
one lurid concept while I sleep to an Irishman’s
transformation vision that forms him into
a Chinese shape-shifter, turning in an illusion
of historical darkness while smokers exhibit
grudge at the clean parking spaces and a conceptual
bar washes discounted windows beyond the
desert which hones in our Julian family.  Dad
tells me I can doubt Terminators like Julius
Caesar would’ve, although I was given a Hawaiian
name before I ever lived shrouded in personal
memories.  So we drink ginger to grandma’s
Snapple, converting energy into casual procrastination
after Clinton leaves for cultural golf.  We’ve communicated
on the gardening behind duff.  It’s a leverage
where we’re to explicate; location, location, location
to interrupted hotels before Terrible Herbst
manages a box of dirty jewelry for gamblers
at the “Wheel of Fortune” inside those conceived
treasures.  




*This is the kind of abstract photo, "Bubble Bricks", you place somewhere where smooth comfort is required.
It's a generalization about bricks and bubbles, but it's a fine generalization.
I've sent this photo across three different computer systems to achieve this effect; it's lurid and a symbol for my floating rationale, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment