Translate

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Videogame Review, Middle-earth: Shadow of War for the Playstation 4 (PS4)

Videogame Review, Middle-earth: Shadow of War for the Playstation 4 (PS4)


The game expects me to pass enemies when they’re coming back to life after being killed.  So, with stealth, I must pass enemies who may pop up again for no reason; and, even when the enemies are killed, I’m expected to arrive in a location after enemies are killed, although enemies often just come back to life for no reason no matter what I do.  Okay…  Fighting enemies is a disorderly fashion in terms of fantasy.  My ranger will move faster than lightning.  By issue of loose controls, my ranger goes all over the place and it feels like I’m getting too much health and losing too much health all at once.  To get a feel of the sword, I must fight; and, with fighting, I must swing the sword when I can, and the scenery looks rough around the edges.  It’s not realism.  Furthermore, it’s not really realism for a fantasy to count less on for audio and volume.  I watch the video and it’s difficult to make out what the actors are saying.  At times, I hear the enemies; at times, I don’t hear my hero.  Keep in mind that I have a functional PS4 console and a theatrical system at home for the greatest volume of audio and music.  Stealth mode lets me get on some enemies.  Problem is, after getting on enemies, more enemies can pop up for no reason.  Let’s take the targets in an army for example.  I can choose my target and “find” him in the battlefield.  But my target can literally pop up in thin air where there’s no door, no gate, no entrance, or anything that could’ve helped the enemy come to my field of vision in the first place.  Maybe I’ll look at a rock, turn away from the rock for less than a second, and, suddenly, my target will come up, even if there was no target around that rock less than a second ago.  I’m not sure if your typical fantasy would even present such matter like that.  And, the enemy just literally pops up- he had no magic used, no spell used, no wind calling automation, or anything that could’ve made him pop up around that rock in less than half a second.  He just popped up.  One quarter near the goal I was in near the beginning of the game was filled with enemies who were training for war.  The enemies were training for war.  They were having pretend attacks made in the air to show off their strength and a commander was on their tail giving orders for performance and execution.  I take out the enemies.  I wait, and wait, and wait.  Then, after quickly finishing off another enemy, the training enemies, for no reason, come back to life and their old, dead bodies are gone.  Do reviewers of video games expect me to go through hundreds of hours of that kind of bogus?  I know what this “reappearing/disappearing” enemy kind comes from as a programming feature.  Lots of NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) games have this problem: that is, the problem of putting enemies to the side, for them to only reappear for no reason.  Perhaps this program feature was popular back in the days of 1980’s.  Yet, for a realistic-looking game like Shadow of War, and other modern games like it, this program feature should be considered bad and obsolete- if the enemy is dead, leave him dead.  Modern gamers don’t need enemies coming back to life for no reason and putting a stop sign on progress and infiltration.  The graphics are hard on the eyes, the volume is a blur, and it’s not a fair challenge even in terms of peace and war.  I think what happened in the past was, when reviewers played the game, they were beating so many enemies and completing areas so quickly (and, perhaps with a greater PS4 console version) that they forgot what happened and didn’t pay attention.  My experience is probably different from yours.  But, this report I’m making is accurate.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Shadow-of-War-PS4-874164104

No comments:

Post a Comment