Translate

Monday, June 20, 2022

Videogame Review, Missile Command for the Arcade (w/ New Atari VCS Console)

Videogame Review, Missile Command for the Arcade (w/ New Atari VCS Console)


Everything about this arcade classic is very short temper.  And, the fire controls get complicated.  I actually have preference for the Atari 5200 version of Missile Command.  Arcade games from the past can begin and end pretty quickly.  I’m playing Missile Command for the arcade, with the new Atari VCS console, with the Xbox-style controller by Atari for modern technology.  I do enjoy this arcade classic game.  It’s just very short temper.  And, the fire controls get complicated.  You must shoot missiles from 3 ammunition bases.  That requires use of 3 action buttons, on the Xbox-style controller, along with the red analog thumbstick.  I do not know if a “trackball controller” is really better for Missile Command.  What I can say, is that, the Xbox-style controller is not as useful for me for Missile Command as the Atari 5200 joystick controller is.  Sure, the Atari 5200 controller is alien and visual of belligerent touch.  But the Atari 5200 “joystick” really matches well with the Atari 5200 controller’s soft red buttons for fire controls, and, the angle and proportions of the Atari 5200 controller, while causing more sharp irritation to the hands, are also more vigorous and efficient.  The Xbox-style controller has greater ergonomics.  However, while the Xbox-style controller has greater ergonomics, the intense feeling and wild imagination I have with the Atari 5200 version of Missile Command are not present here.  Honestly, while holding the Xbox-style controller with my hands, the gameplay can seem a bit obvious for touch and contact with my hands.  While holding the Atari 5200 controller, I did experience a little pain, but there was something much more magical and wonderful about the “home arcade” experience Atari was offering for the Atari 5200 video game console in the 1980’s.  Playing with the Nintendo 64 controller helps me get used to the Atari 5200 controller.  But, the Atari 5200 controller was “one of a kind” with modern technology from the past and the Atari 5200 controller is still a singular device today.  The Xbox-style controller works better for comfort, but, it works less for nostalgia.  Besides, even if the Atari 5200 controller “hurts a little”, I’m never going to play Missile Command for that long.  Like I’ve said, Missile Command for the arcade is very short temper.  At least I’m happy about both versions.  The arcade version of Missile Command looks very beautiful on my 4K TV.  I can adjust display, controls, and other functions on my new Atari VCS console for Missile Command.  You’re fighting aliens in the video game.  That’s obvious, right?  Well, at least the fire controls are challenging with variety of decisions and degrees for movement against the up-in-the-sky attackers.  By modern standards, Missile Command has some “stick figure” graphics to the video.  You do not see any stick figure person in the video game.  But, you do see points of contrast in the surrounding atmosphere which take the form of “stick figure graphics” as such.  Just the ammunition resembles lines and dots with aggression of motion.  Keep in mind that you’re a hero who is saving a planet from enemies from outer space.  As time goes on for the galaxy, humans will encounter dangers in space.  I just don’t know what aliens will look like in the future.  The aliens may wish to join human civilization.  Or, the aliens may be better for a zoo.  It depends on what the aliens are in the future.  Missile Command is fiction and fantasy.  My high score is always much, much shorter for the arcade version of Missile Command.  On the Atari 5200 version of Missile Command, my high score would be greater than 120,000 points, easily, because of the loose Atari 5200 joystick and precision of diagonal handling of the Atari 5200 controller with my hands.  Of course, I know too much math.  That probably says something about my flaws.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Missile-Command-Atari-VCS-and-Arcade-919972554

No comments:

Post a Comment