Translate

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Poem- “Voice and Paper”

“Voice and Paper”


I can write down my voice.

I can read text out loud with my voice.


I can use my hands for writing.

I can use my voice for talking.


For reading skill, I must adjust my voice to good grammar.

I must create text with good grammar and adjust my voice to it.


My hand draws the voice.

My voice plays the hand.


But, from time to time, I am writing from silence.

I do not always “talk” for my text.


From time to time, I do not always write down my voice.

My voice can suffer by flesh and wind.

Perhaps these hands are just scratching and not writing.

Sometimes, my hands are probably jerking and there’s no manual mood.


As such, my voice is not always made to literary performance.

So, I adjust my voice to good grammar and reject false sounds of throat.

Maybe I talk just to “get something out there” sometimes.

I need to create written paper for my voice for clarity of purpose.


It’s not easy.


For school education, I was not just writing English.

I was writing Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, German, and Irish.

I was testing my mouth and working with my hands for proper customization.

I am a better English speaker today because of my long awareness.

Without foreign languages, my English would seem unbelievable to me.

My English was not believable to me until I was done with education.

Even today, my English is a journey of literary performance and chat of wit.


I write down my voice.

But, I only write down my voice with official record of communications.

Every cough, sneeze, and curse goes down the drain and I don’t use these.

My mouth can make sounds that are not letters of the alphabet.

I only write down letters of the alphabet to create words on paper.

Human language is usually not a musical instrument.

My purpose of authorship is to read and write and to write and read.

But, I also have judgements, values, characters, emotions, and logistics.

My poem will remain on paper for the human voice to play upon wordy sight.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Voice-and-Paper-926559961

No comments:

Post a Comment