Translate

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Poem- “Music and Poetry”

“Music and Poetry”


“This poem is music to my ears!”

Really?

Well, you can’t read my poem at all.

I don’t think you can create music either.


My poem is not musical.

My poem is literary.


Let’s examine real music:


Bars, measures, beats, multirest, musical notations, time signatures, simple times, quarter notes, bar lines, scores, blues, jazz, measure numbers, repeat signs, dots, staffs, meters, accents, periods, lengths, rhythmic notes, variations, rock, easy listening, heavy metal, Mensurstrich, Mozart, polyphony, ties, note values, hypermeasures, metric units, hyperbeats, hypermeters, improvisation, chords, rhythm changes, progression, harmonic generalizations, turnarounds, transpiration volume, bridges, tensions, cadence, piano substitutions, noise patterns, song titles, classical piece, supertonic, tonic, roots of the horn, augmented triads, numerological music sheets, sheets of sound, trumpets, saxophones, D major, C major, tune up, transition of guitar strings, tonal transpositions, classical music compositions, etc.


I am not a musician.

My poem does not have musical notations.

The text you see is literary.

It’s not a sheet of music.


When you read my poem, imagination is the key, not instrumentation.

It’s a very social performance with linguistic romance.


I was very successful in poetry classes.

I only had “one” music class and I was a failure in music.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Music-and-Poetry-928636496

No comments:

Post a Comment