Translate

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Poem- “My Scholarship and Poetry”

“My Scholarship and Poetry”


Reading is a feature of scholarship.

Writing is a feature of scholarship.

Speech is a feature of scholarship.


My poetry is a combination of reading, writing, and speech.

And, therefore:


My poetry requires scholarship.


I know this sounds “unfair” to educated individuals.

But, it’s life.

Deal with it.

I went to school.

I did my homework.

I earned grades for poetry.


If that’s not enough for you, well, I’m sorry.

My state university did not have a degree for poetry.

Schooling experience was the best I could do.

A lot of people read poetry.

But, culture and travel go beyond the chalkboard.

2 + 2 is fine.

But, for real experience of poetry, you need a life.

Do you ever learn from my fantasy?

Or, do you keep looking for things you already see?

Are you going to use Latin for your TV?

Even authors of fiction know when to quit.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/My-Scholarship-and-Poetry-928520765

No comments:

Post a Comment