Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Poem- “News and Ideas”


“News and Ideas”


You should read a newspaper for the news.

“News”, as in, “news”-paper.


However, you can get ideas from everybody.

You do not even need to read much to get ideas.


If there was only news, and, if there was no other idea:


Social behaviors would not exist.


People need ideas for general living.

We cannot just have news and nothing else.

News is not the only information.

Humans have facts, rumors, opinions, texts, recipes, theories, and more.

You don’t just find these other ideas in a newspaper.

Most people are not journalists, remember?

But, news alone is not enough for awareness.

I need ideas of my own.

Or else, you would be stuffing a book into my head.

Don’t put the book in my head; put the book in my hands.

I need a brain that is not made of paper, thank you very much.

Oh, and a “newspaper” is not “paper”.

Nice try!




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/News-and-Ideas-934374610

No comments:

Post a Comment