Translate

Monday, April 3, 2023

Poem- “Journalists and Poets”


“Journalists and Poets”


Oh, journalists.

So much to do and so little time.

Common vocabulary, and, obvious emotions.

Do they know where I am?

A poet like me is dramatic and romantic.

News reporters will read my literature backwards and confuse it on reverse.

How social, how fashionable, how delightful, how sweet, how joyful!

I will need to repair their vision with extensive declaration.

My text remains in print from left to right.

Page 1 to Page 2; Page 2 to Page 3; Page 3 to Page 4, and so on.

This poem is not the first number.

We will never know what my last output will be.

Grammar may vary by subject.

Free verse goes on.

People should not be getting so many reports.

Common sense is automatic most of the time.

Keep it coming and their information becomes permanent exchange.

Readers will need to update goals.

Of course, journalists are lower historians.

Their pencils are not strong and their paper is not firm.

Conversation is busy.

But, everybody makes mistakes and ongoing problem solving is vain.

My poetry is not that repetitive for this reason.

Journalism is the opposite of poetry.

Normal reporters will write their journals quickly without much thought.

I can’t do that for poetry.

When I write my words, I also “draw” my words around the lines.

When I say my words, I also “taste” my words around the sounds.

Journalists are always immediate and instant.

Poets are slow to glowing express.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Journalists-and-Poets-956401605

No comments:

Post a Comment