Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Gaming Console Review, Playstation Plus Essential (PS Plus Essential, Playstation 4)


Gaming Console Review, Playstation Plus Essential (PS Plus Essential, Playstation 4)


PS Plus Essential sounds nice, right? Well, let me tell you something. It’s not a library. You should know what a library is already. The library allows readers of books to access the past for free. As long as you’re responsible, you can read old books for free. No money, no charge. Does the PS Plus Essential program have anything like a “library” does? No. No, of course not. The PS Plus Essential program is not a library for PS Plus games from the past. You will probably not be able to remember what PS Plus games were available in the past. There’s no way you can research it on the internet. And, even if you find out what “old” PS Plus games were, you may not be able to pick the games up. Old games on the Playstation 4 gaming console are easier to access when you already “have” them. If you do not already “have” the games, you may have to pay full price for them. Or, even worse, the “old” games will probably be gone from the Playstation Store and you may never be able to buy them. Games can go off the market. PS Plus Essential is not a library. Sony was giving me the illusion that I could buy hundreds of games with PS Plus. Well, I still have to figure that out. PS Plus Essential can only give me about 36 free games A YEAR. You should know that “36 games” is not “hundreds of games” and so on. Games can get expensive. With modern technology, the greatest chance for “free games” is the library of Atari games, or the library of Super Nintendo games, or the library of Sega Genesis games, or the library of Commodore 64 games, and so on. Only the “real” old games will be cheap or free. PS Plus Essential is not like that. PS Plus Essential, with my Playstation 4 experience, was giving me modern games for free; and, each month, I could really only get 3 new games. Just 3 new games. Nothing else. PS Plus Essential was most useful for online membership. Beyond online membership, the “choice” gets bare and irrelevant. For 6 months, I was getting games I wanted. For the other 6 months, I was not getting ANY games I wanted. Sure, I could download “undesirable” games for free, but that would be stupid. Sony should’ve given gamers and players “credits” for their PS Plus Essential membership instead and just let PS Plus Essential members use “credits” for games they wanted. (That would’ve made a lot more sense!) But, Sony did not give credits like that. Sony would “choose” a game FOR YOU. If you play the game and enjoy the game, it’s your choice. If you do not want the game and do not enjoy the game, it’s NOT your choice. It was really always SONY’S choice. My bold words can help readers understand my language with this emphasis on capital letters. At least, I can consider PS Plus Essential as a gaming console. A “gaming console” will offer just so many games. If you need a “library” of PS Plus games, never buy Essential! Get the bigger PS Plus programs. You need to pay more money for the bigger PS Plus programs. But, with my poor experience of Sony’s “Essential” program, I think I’m going to increase my foundation for the future of gaming and playing. What’s the moral to it? The moral is this:


When video game companies believe they are “essential”, they actually need to improve their essentials to greater quality and greater power. Or else, they will only have the way they need.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Gaming-Console-Review-Playstation-Plus-Essential-959774915

No comments:

Post a Comment