Translate

Thursday, April 6, 2023

Fast Food Journal, April 6th of Year 2023


Fast Food Journal, April 6th of Year 2023


Let me give my readers an update about my dieting. I eat at home most of the time. But, sometimes, I go out to eat at a restaurant. Fast food restaurants come to mind.


So, as an experiment, today was my day of treating myself to “healthy” food at fast food restaurants. Or, if the food is not healthy, the food is at least more reasonable for a treat. Small treats are more reasonable than big treats. A small little cheeseburger at McDonald’s a week does not impact my health very much at all. I spend normal, common days eating healthy food at home. I also exercise 12 hours a week from walking and home activities.


But, for this experiment today, that I call “Treat Day”, I was spending my day with fast food. I got “healthy” food to eat, or, at least reasonable food to eat. I did not eat anything else. And, I had water and unsweetened tea.


The results are interesting.


For today, I visited McDonald’s for breakfast, Panda Express for lunch, and Subway for dinner. Results follow below:


  • I have enough grams of fat and I have enough grams of protein.
  • I only have 50% of the carbs I need.
  • I have 200% of the salt I need.
  • Fiber is fair and modest.
  • Cholesterol remains under the weekly balance limit.


So, what does this mean? It means this:


Fast food can supply enough protein and enough fat. But, I only get “half” of the carbs I need and the salt is twice as much over the normal balance.


My opinion does not change the nutrition facts. Honestly, my food was delicious, but I will be eating at home for another week or so before going out to a restaurant again.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Fast-Food-Journal-April-6th-of-Year-2023-956963339

No comments:

Post a Comment