Translate

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Poem- “Classic Slapstick”


“Classic Slapstick”


“Stay in line and bring it to my table.”

Why?

Do I need your table?

Maybe I already have a table of my own.

Maybe there’s a better table for me.

Who needs your table?

You probably don’t really need the table.

Is your table safe?

People put all kinds of food on their tables.

Cleaning a table is important.

Some tables are for work; some tables are for entertainment.

A table can be strong; a table can be weak.

My plate probably shouldn’t go to you.

Did somebody else make the table for you?

I have my own tables.

I can set up my own table.

How old is the table?

Does the table matter?

Of course!

You really enjoy the table, don’t you?

I guess we don’t need to share.

Somebody else can join you.

Or, you can eat at your table, all alone, by yourself, with no regrets.

May you live the life you have chosen.

I will join somebody else’s table, if you don’t mind.

The world doesn’t revolve around you.

Hey, I’m always just somebody else to you, huh?

Are you somebody else to me?

It’s hard.

The table was probably very expensive.

You paid it cheap and done everything.

Oh, so sorry.

I guess we’re running in endless circles.

I don’t think I can fit your table.

Your table is not really my kind.

Somebody needs to clean your table.

I know you need evidence.

And, you always find this record so confusing and illogical.

I apologize for your guilty pleasures.

You need a hug.

You need a hug very badly.

Kiss me now before I walk away.

Oh, yeah.

You believe my love is “chemistry” and such.

Well, chemistry is too difficult for the both of us.

Sizes don’t define you and you spell my name in a goofy way.

I guess that makes you a professional.

Well, I hate to see you go.

You know why I need to go.

Most people do not study chemistry anyway.

Who cares about that?

My brain is made of clay and you do nothing for it.

Oh, so sorry.

We’ll see each other again someday.

If you are so smart, what are you doing here?

Somebody can help me find a table for me to match my heart.

You are so smart, so infinite, so unlimited, so unconditional.

That makes me better for somebody else.

You know the drill.

Unless you understand the table, I will not put a menu there.

It’s not just about choice.

It’s also about literacy and focus.

Yes, I know I’m flattering you.

You get so touchy and sensitive.

I love people who go nowhere.

That makes me happy.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Classic-Slapstick-961081400

No comments:

Post a Comment