Translate

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Restaurant Poems




Lunch Poetry- "A Visit of Golden Purity"

This buffet is a continent, but the wall is a horizon.
Skaters can wake up while the tavern is over the ridge of the moon.
Police are in the Law Cabin although the storm is a meadow.
From romantic hideaways to family getaways there’s no escape from home.
A place that has charm can be the hollow ember of animal notions.
Something that’s towering can be whispering.
TV is a color of free webs like a plank behind a burger.
There’s no retreating from vacation, the world is another gun.
A rustic monster isn’t my mother’s tongue when days come away.
My apartment is a house and it’s sleepy like me.
This restaurant is a forest, but the trees are gone.
People are the road when the stones are broken.
Silence is a sound as a song interprets it.
A wire is free when the call is around.




*This is overall about my travels, especially into Big Bear in California which has two free radio stations.





Depression Poetry- "Discovery My Secret"

The ball of my foot, the foot of my ball.
I’m a ghost you can touch, a mascot with a face on no wall.
I can’t see my guts because I’m a hole in the shadow.
Treasures around me stand and lie down.
Mirrors are bubbles of returning light.
This dorm is a pot, my savings are disappearances.
Boy, that mind is a clog since giving is receiving.
An eye’s-dream knows the tides of peace, but am I ordinary?
I’m a hand with no limb, like a paralyzed tree of cracking barks.
Air my swim, heat my throw, I’m all good by the metal over frijoles.
Romance may seem like a speech without a name.
But where can I hide?
I don’t own the lost skin of evolution, madness is crying.





*It’s a poem written when I was depressed in my recovery from psychosis, which almost made me think girls worldwide were shouting in agony. To be warned, this is powerful. Hospitals are something to be reckoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment