Translate

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Videogame Review, Videocart #23- Galactic Space Wars for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame Console (w/ Knob Controller)


Videogame Review, Videocart #23- Galactic Space Wars for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame Console (w/ Knob Controller)

It’s really quite a view.  Gamers are so often used to programs with higher sorts of graphics as given for high definition television.  Here, the rocket landing scene is pretty darn plain over abstract looks.  You’ll need to have some patience while I think this through.  Particulars to note- squares are “stars” or “dirt”, rectangles are “flames” or “projectiles”, circles are “windows” or “the cabin”, etc.  Does that make sense?  The human mind of the present, modern times is required for imagining things going on.  Imagination is what makes the game work.  But a human in the future far from now may not be able to “imagine”.  Will the aliens imagine?  Will aliens even have imagination?  What if alien literature exists in ours?  Or, if there’s “imagination” in a future human, expressions and opinions would be made on another scale of reason.  My knob controller gives off a flavor of joystick movement similar to that of a dishwasher brush- don’t push too lightly, don’t push too hard.  A funny experience was felt during the rocket landing scene.  By using my arms and a little elbow grease, it’s a nifty surprise for me to be landing a rocket somewhat gently onto the landing pad.  Another theater of war brings us to space where enemies with fancy, indescribable colors must face you off in the heat of dimensional battles as calculated from joystick movement and oncoming buzz and twist.  Honestly, I need to play just a little.  My Fairchild system is decades old in years as changes have passed with qualitative statements on true players’ backs.  And, yet, who in their right mind would blow up enemy UFOs in the first place?  Now I’m not going to drift off into space too much when the gameplay needs better descriptions; otherwise, I might as well be dead.  Numbers can be difficult to maintain concerning fortunes to observe under heat of battle.  My Fairchild console includes a power cord with a bulky head that contains a printed warning about “secondary windings”- I don’t know what those are.  My guess is they’re referring to extension cords and the electrical octopus.  Some of the UFO kinds reveal shades that glitter and rocket near the coasting of fights.  I have to assume I’m landing a hero’s ship and not an enemy’s ship.  But, hey!  What do I know?  We’re most certainly not talking about real-life astronaut’s work.  A stereotype can be seen from considering my facts thus far.  Americans, for some time, have just thought of space exploration as a coloring book.  It can be abstract, it can be weird, it can be a cartoon, whatever!  So many Americans just don’t think of space exploration as the real deal.  Because of this, scientists need to ignore “space art” such as Darth Vader and Space Invaders- those works of space art and others are expressive, but fictional, objects.  Still, it’s been fun playing with this Fairchild game and I hope reading gamers learn something of my debate over space exploration and space art.  (Have you washed the dishes yet?  There’s one on the roof!)




No comments:

Post a Comment