Translate

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Poem- “Healthy Reading”

“Healthy Reading”


Please have good reading skills.

By “good”, I mean healthy.


If you read this poem with a magnifying glass, you’re suspicious.

If you read this poem with a giant telescope, you’re crazy.


From those poor reading skills, I don’t know if you’re too high or too low.

Maybe both.

But such looking, staring, and eyeing suggests illness.

Now just don’t kiss your computer- I don’t “feel” it like that.

I’m not writing my poems to make you a gross delight in wonder.

When you read like a war machine, that’s hideous.

When you read like a quiet mouse, that’s bashful.


You must follow these instructions for my poems in general unless noted.

Don’t look silly and horrible near my book.

Just be normal, okay?




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Healthy-Reading-859892931

No comments:

Post a Comment