Translate

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Videogame Review, Tiger-Heli for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Super Controller)




Videogame Review, Tiger-Heli for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Super Controller)


If you only think of victory, the game isn’t worthy.  There’s a lot to consider for this NES game because shooting enemies takes practice and talent even when machines roll into the picture and bring opposition towards you.  A great deal of things can be blown up; however, at times it feels like most of the things I’m shooting aren’t actually enemies, but just things to blow up.  A boxcar is a nice thing to explode near the enemy base.  Often I’m just shooting with little to no opposition and the challenge and difficulty get obvious.  The controls aren’t very good either.  When enemies do oppose my tiger helicopter, it becomes impossible for me to dodge some of the really important obstacles at diagonal angles.  For “diagonal” movement I must really push hard and even pushing hard has limits.  (If there were “no limits” to gaming, I could just break my controller and still be able to play the game!)  Glitches and errors appear on the TV… big time!  While playing I’ve had to wink and blink rapidly during gameplay and “keeping my eyes on the ball” proves noteworthy to disgust and temper.  I’m not angry.  I’m just a concentrated mess under experience.  Besides, I would rather pay attention to whatever art comes my way as opposed to just showing fascination for buttons and switches.  You wouldn’t talk about “remote control” for a DVD player much, would you?  Videogames bring us to greater awareness on remote control since we must use a remote (controller, joystick) more often during gameplay of control.  Of course, there’s only so much I want to “control”.  Getting more little helicopters around my main equipment displays extensions into the onslaught between war and peace.  Landing on a spot for extra points is something of a dream come true.  Then again, war should be a nightmare.  Maybe there’s too much hype for this NES game by retro gamers due to their overreaction and excitement for playing with toys and “cutting to the chase”.  Me?  Well, I want to take my time and have a really involving challenge to an extent where gameplay resembles challenge within grasp of possible features.  The Nintendo Entertainment System (the video game console I have) does have extensions into gameplay until the knots are ended and the strings can be received.  Gamers have to find their sweet spots and ugly moments.  So many NES games get “ugly”.  Don’t you think some of the game titles or names of games sound disgusting?  Back then, in the 1980’s, that was where a lot of violence on TV was expressed.  Although a vintage videogame would LOOK simple, the game title or name of the game could put parents off.  Imagination was needed more for video games in the 1980’s.  Here, Tiger-Heli entertains a concept about violence even if the instruction manual suggests that the game is a sensational joke on disgust.  You don’t see much “reality” in Tiger-Heli.  If anything, enjoyment and pleasure for the NES game comes from a gamer’s fancy and imagination for military warfare.  Some ridiculous features include the ability to shoot a generic symbol for first aid in variety of military equipment.  The game did make me laugh.  I’ll say that.  But my high scores get too high for me to believe in the challenge.  The shooter game tends to stagnate more often than not.  Even from a novice gamer’s perspective, Tiger-Heli pales in comparison to Duck Hunt or Joust.  It’s very bland.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Tiger-Heli-NES-Super-Controller-861004297

No comments:

Post a Comment