Translate

Friday, August 20, 2021

Poem- “Robot”

“Robot”


“Are you working?”

No, I’m broken.

Fix me up.


“Get to work.”

No, I’m broken.

You need to fix me.


“Do you want this job?”

I do.

I’m just broken.

Please repair my body or I won’t be able to do any work.


“You work hard?”

When I’m not broken, sure.

My body isn’t working right and I have a flat tire on the left foot.

You’re on a fuel economy.


“Do your job!”

I can’t.

I’m broken.

Other robots will be out of order soon.


“Someone else can do it.”

Okay.

But you will need to repair him, too.

We’re all broken down here.

The robots are struggling in our factory.


“Do you know where the oil is?”

Well, it’s not in my body.

I’m broken with an empty tank and the engine is coughing.


“…Please recycle…”

No, you can’t just recycle me!

I need this job more than anything in the world!

HELP!!!


(Robot gets thrown away; death by environmentalism.)




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Robot-889417496

No comments:

Post a Comment