Translate

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Poem- “Barbie and the Mommy Problem”


“Barbie and the Mommy Problem”


Here’s the story:


My mom was playing with Barbie.

She was playing with Barbie all day for almost every day for a while.

And, she was not doing her chores around the house.

So, one day, my grandma took her Barbie toys from her and told her to do her chores.

My grandma was so irritated with my mom.

My mom was just a girl.

She was only a girl.

But, she was playing with her Barbie dolls so much, she was calling herself “mommy”.

As a little girl, my mom was calling herself “mommy” over and over again.

My grandma did not like that nickname because Wendy was really only her daughter.

So, my grandma put her Barbie toys away and told her to do her chores.

My mom from then on did her chores.



As my mom was getting older during my young adult life, I noticed her “mommy” problem.

She was calling herself “mommy” over and over and forgetting her real name all over again.

It was getting strange for the family; she was even buying Wizard of Oz editions of Barbie.

All of a sudden I was starting to remember my mom’s Halloween costume from the past.

She was dressing up as the “wicked witch” during my kindergarten years for Halloween. 

So, one day, on a special afternoon, I said to my mom, “Do you need anything Wendy?”

My mom was shocked.

She asked me why I was calling her by her first name.

I looked her straight in the eye with a charming smile and said,


“Your name is not Mommy. Your name is Wendy. I love you. God gives your real name.”


Soon my mom was melting.

She cried herself to love me again and we hugged under the broken lamp.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Barbie-and-the-Mommy-Problem-1017527897

No comments:

Post a Comment