Translate

Monday, April 17, 2017

Poem- "Assumptions of a Soda Fan"


Assumptions of a Soda Fan


It’s a bottle of joy.  I mean… a bundle of joy.
I take a grand taste and see everything as a watercoloring.
If I slip, it’s my fault on the ice.
The fruit needs more oxygen because that market is super.
I like the squeeze of soup, not a bowl of chunky lemons.
A mirror is simply a shadow, I can’t look behind it.
There’s nothing like a good old coffee cow cup.
I think pictures are words if you’re straight with them.
If soda-quarters would just match, I’d have a face with thirsty complexions.
Bees don’t drink from flowers enough, but they make a nice syrup.
I get island drinks from an hombre who shops at the rose.
When an actor shot a gun, I thought he spilled my drink.
Chocolate frosting makes a candy.
A strawberry has a straw in it.
Cookies are numb if they’re dry.
There are cups to cups, but people hide some of them.
Plenty of fast food places need Rose Soda with a taste from a garden faraway.
Every tea has its page.
I see candy that people may not see, but I am people.
Moxie is a noble name for its spirited vibe.
You can’t have all our colors in a rainbow.
If money is full of stars, how do we buy wishes.
I don’t live in a lock.
Gold is a color from a retired sun in jubilee.
We can make carrots with gold, but we need more oil.
Clerks know the clicks for a purchase.
Perfume isn’t old water, but I think it’s ancient.
Every tea has a fuse, that’s why they leak so well.
Nazis made drinks, but it was illegal for them to really drink.
We’re too much in a color, we have laws.
I’m not thirsty in a desert, but I don’t have a horse for burritos either.
Before I hunt for ducks, I need to feel from their thirst.
Sidewalks have lines and cracks, but I’m not drunk.
I don’t see pink elephants, but I see zebras on some chews.
I feel forgetful, but I’m not staying.
When I see jingle bells, I think of crunchy tacos.
Santa Claus drinks milk, but he’s never seen a cow. 
But hey! On Christmas, why not drink something Mysterious, Magical, Mystical?
Something… Triple M?
Trees don’t grow all the food, that’s why we can be so thirsty.
If a farmer has to kill a cow, I’ll pray with Mexican Queso.
I hope there’s a wedding, ‘cause I’m up for a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment