Translate

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Videogame Review, WWF Raw for the Gameboy


Videogame Review, WWF Raw for the Gameboy
Wrestlers move too much like clones with dramatic entrances and little to finish.  There needs to be more electrifying drama in the gameplay but I don’t see how a few simple moves of punches and kicks can make a powerslam effective in the appeal, let alone these powers I assume wrestlers here exhibit with staring eyes and distinguished clothes.  I’ve probably listened to Bret Hart’s music on so many opportunities as I get them and yet his entrance here on Gameboy’s Raw is missing his flashing articles and he looks uglier than the crowd; this may be because crowds should relax more than wrestlers and so their natural appetite is shown in a casual posture.  Collectivism is in the crowd and those shadowy wrestlers don’t exhibit individualism in action since there’s few moves and hardly any move leaves a real finishing touch on action and performance.  So most of those distinct gestures by WWF in the early 90’s that you may be familiar with are just simply not existing with promise on this game or happening by accident on this game.  Is the Gameboy really weak?  Here’s a list of Gameboy games- Donkey Kong is better than NES, Tetris DX is as good as NES, and WWF Raw is worse than NES.  Welcome to the great variety of art, from winner to loser!  Neat capitalism on my shelf- to go from my couch to get at another boring match with Diesel although he had such great class at WrestleMania with his child!  Maybe Shawn really is a kid; I can see his tiny form on my nice green screen.  Does Shawn wrestle differently compared to Diesel, on the Gameboy?  Short answer: “No”.  Long answer: “He’s pulling off moves which are as strong as Diesel’s and reality is violated through the game”.  I’m trying to make sense of this.  Why would I want a good guy to poke someone in the eyes over and over until kingdom come?  In fact, the kingdom never comes.  Visuals for eyes need enhancement and contrast.  Don’t mistake the Gameboy; although you may think it’s old and has decayed with continuous use over the years, what you see on the illustrious screen may be how it always would’ve been.  I know; I’ve grown up with mine: it’s red and looks like the Virtual Boy I saw at Blockbuster years ago.  WWF Raw fails to display a wrestler’s importance when fighters like Yokozuna and Undertaker obviously wrestled differently in real life when we look at old videos of both celebrities on WWE Network.  However I can be surprised can be answered by the interested reader when he or she digs into the Gameboy’s archives while thinking about my supposed review.  This is videogame criticism for how my life with such a game leaves me with gnarring teeth and jealousy on how a videogame company can use so much resource and as of today leave nothing but scratch marks for the wrestlers’ spiritual effects.  Please, buy your child something that’s worth the quality and not pretentious pain.    

WWFRAW.png
By Source, Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=32468485    

No comments:

Post a Comment