Translate

Monday, May 28, 2018

Videogame Review, Asteroids for the Atari 400/800 Computers (played on Atari 65XE Computer)




Videogame Review, Asteroids for the Atari 400/800 Computers (played on Atari 65XE Computer)


It’s quite a thrill ride since asteroids let me complete my objectives in fairness.  Sounds are extraordinary off my TV when the light blue rocks are destroyed and blare out like exploded blimps.  My instruction manual for the Atari 65XE Computer recommended that I glue my Atari 7800 controller to its interface and, well, there’s a lot of light coming from the TV in 8-bit style and my CX24 joystick becomes more of a source for performing instincts than the Atari 2600 controller; for that matter, my Atari 7800 joystick (CX24 joystick) leaves obstacles in the Asteroids game which were likely incidental for the time but at least I can directly push the buttons for options and selections before igniting my red, irregularly shaped fire buttons and wait in attempt to perform the competitive demonstration and beam the message.  This isn’t Asteroids for the Atari 2600 console; this is Asteroids for the 400 computers and 800 computers by Atari and my 65XE acts as one of Atari’s last connection approaches to their programmable, functioning personal computers.  Language here may sound impersonal, sure.  Remember Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube and that sensitive shield button?  Here you can be rest assured that my Atari 7800 joystick has that kind of sensitivity.  At times I found myself blocking when I didn’t intend to “pull back”.  My Atari 2600 joystick doesn’t have this problem because it’s more of a case for that device’s rough turns and beats off the galactic fields of destruction.  In fact, this Asteroids game provides hints to me for the visual bombing of sorts.  Get permission from your parents first.  You see, I’m a mature adult and know that war is generally wrong, so we don’t want to think that Atari is giving us something to chew on while we’re in a vacuum against any and all morals.  To play a videogame like this should be remarkable but not necessarily a happy occasion, especially for the poor aliens who keep barging in on my parade as I’m trying to dismantle all the pieces to each asteroid and not collide where life is mysterious rather than expurgated.  Everything is fictional in this game yet there’s also a barter for improvement among ourselves as we more and more replicate what we see in “Star Wars” and Asteroids, be it to shame we deny our privilege of the undertaking where thoughts count towards the heavens around our vibes and colors.  Options in this game include: 1) shields, 2) hyperspace, 3) reverse (ship keeps taking 180-degree turns), and 4) “no effect”.  But you don’t really need weapons that much in this game due to the computer’s consistent and effective downloading of the conflict among yourselves with the rocket-launching boulders.  And however you approach this game by controllers, whether it’s the 7800 joystick or the 2600 joystick, you’ll feel confident about innovation from all the computer hardware made possible by Atari.  I must say here, in this very sentence, that I’m unsure about the 4-player options.  This is very much a cause I admit more to- no one is interested in playing this game in my family except me and so I have to take excuse for multiplayer responsibility.  Yet graphics flash!  My asteroids look like angels and disappear like rabbits between the moments of chaos for which I may be, according to Michael Savage, “a machine with shoes”.  Movies and video games go together like peanut butter and jelly.  What makes Asteroids so excellent on the Atari 400/800 computer lines is that I’m given immediate, unquestionable symbols for my galaxy where I have it at my fingertips.  Maybe enough aliens can rest in peace, dead or alive.  The giant rocks or planetary objects called asteroids blink through each other during seeming combinations of time, space, and doom.  My highest score is indicated on the screen through my 65XE’s composite video and the gameplay itself is terrific and a bumpy ride,  whereas Meteorites for the Atari 5200 console (in differential comparison) is something of a wide open space where ammunition from my ship on that 5200 game hits targets from afar while I thrust my ship around in vague control of circles and premonitions.  Both games are good although the Atari 2600 Asteroids needs to be investigated properly if I’m to lay down the line for entrepreneurs and videogame enthusiasts and historians.  Gameplay with the 7800 controls isn’t bad; my motto is, “if the controller doesn’t add the challenges and interferences in gameplay for Asteroids, then my personal computer machine will”.  I can’t quit on the Gamecube and 7800 controllers now!  A controller can program things in a game.  It can program difficulties, obstacles, interferences, and other motions of gameplay which help make out the competition in healthy focus.  I can use my Atari 2600 controller instead despite the fact its joystick doesn’t spin on its axis like the 7800 joystick does.  The Atari 7800 controller was an early attempt by Atari to make a controller more… ergonomic.  Hey, my 2600 controller gives my fingers rashes and I’m not partaking controls against the 7800 joystick with a false calculation of coolness.  Either controller works fine.  Even from this angle I have on videogame history the 7800 device can be seen as extra credit for the work on progress.  So in theory as stated here my CX24 joystick acts more like a shield than the CX40 (Atari 2600) joystick.  Yes, reading takes time.  My life is at work here as I express its motion on a general, technical understanding.    





No comments:

Post a Comment