Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Videogame Review, Jr. Pac-Man for the Atari 2600




Videogame Review, Jr. Pac-Man for the Atari 2600

This game’s initiative is programmed too vast for my joystick.  Jr. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 requires me to do things I can’t do because the program is built more for a heavy duty arcade machine than my poor little 2600 joystick.  For that matter, I don’t think I could play this game well even with an Xbox One controller.  Everything in its gameplay is messy and lacks tactical grasp. At first I was confused about my joystick and thought it was broken until I realized the gold 2600 joystick had tactical buttons but not “tactical grasp”, or what I describe of as the button presses versus my holding of the controller’s rear.  And no, playing with a Jaguar or Genesis controller doesn’t count.  Problems occur in the game when I’m trying to go places while my joystick doesn’t cooperate.  Speed and tension in this game is too much for handheld controllers; what this 2600 program needs is an arcade machine and heavy metal.  Quarters and dimes can’t make this 2600 game worth a darn.  1st of all, after you just toggle on the power switch to Jr. Pac-Man, Atari has the audacity to suggest a toddler’s difficulty while also instituting joysticks which won’t function for beginners and hardcore players alike.  Anything occurring throughout the videogame is random and pointless.  You have to rub your finger on another switch in order to portray the screen’s display of Junior’s conflicting performance among 4 ghosts.  What this game says to you goes something like, “Here’s some nice looking graphics and I want you to do random things for a very long time and not be thinking so much.”  Pardon?  I’m pretty sure I’d like to still think!  My Atari 5200 joystick gives me a deep feeling in one hand and awareness in precision on the other hand; my Atari 2600 joystick gives me a fairly deep feeling with both hands and I’m hardly left with a comfortable limb at all.  Readers ought to handle this point I’m making but this opinion is dragging a bit, so I’ll go to another source for consideration to have more than a program’s secondary targets and vital objectives: Pac-Man for the Atari 5200.  This Pac-Man version of the arcade is the hardest one I’ve come across from all consoles out there.  However, Jr. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 is about ten times harder and more difficult; combined with a tiny joystick and no machine to hold it to metal, complications arise, and what’s sad is that the Video Game Critic gave this game an A- grade before admitting it “shattered” his wrist.  Come on, are we playing video games to break our bones here?!  Let’s have common sense.    



https://youtu.be/r8-y4o7VX3I

No comments:

Post a Comment