Translate

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Videogame Review, Keystone Kapers for the VCS Cartridge Adapter




Videogame Review, Keystone Kapers for the VCS Cartridge Adapter

It’s very boring compared to the 5200 version.  Even with my devotion to the Atari 2600 I look at this game as a lukewarm work of art because there’s hardly music except for the policeman’s arrest of his criminal after he beats him with a baton he trains for sunsets/sunrises and escapes near the building’s utmost top floor.  Yes, I’ve probably cheated on grammar here.  You know what’s a problem with writing to a general audience?  The general audience is largely ignorant of grammar and idea formations, so, even if I were to say Keystone Kapers is boring, gamers may accuse me for having a false beginning of progress towards the goals (although instruction manuals are thrown away by a lot of people but me) and that my words “sound” like inexperience (despite the fact I own a Phillips CD-I, an Arcadia 2001, and an Odyssey 300 console).  Really you should probably read more of my reviews before creating a wrong dare.  How would you feel if you owned over 20 consoles and some reader came to you and said, “Oh, you’re not experienced enough to know anything,” even if I do the homework and see Keystone Kapers as plain, tiring, and horrific?  History is in the making for this life I own and nothing can be wasted; besides, I know hallways in the game are honeycombed to the Atari 2600’s abilities.  What I’ve been trying to argue on for this game is that I think it’s a partial 5200 game with unattractive controls.  It’s due to practical, mechanical spirit this program exists as a poor joke on officers.  For so long Atari 2600 fans often relied on both movies AND video-games for nourishment since graphics come in elements from both broad genres.  Keystone Kapers can be considered action/arcade/run-and-chase.  But the 5200 version provides funny, comical music which is so wonderful, so alluring, that the 2600 game’s near-silence will turn you off eventually, especially if you’re a modern gamer with familiarity of analog control.  On the 5200 version, I can twist and pull my 5200 joystick to indicate action in execution; on the 2600 version, I can only pull my 2600 joystick to miss out on escapades of performance.  I’m talking about things for Keystone Kapers.  You’re probably wondering what I’m saying.  Problems are going for both versions even if the 2600 version is stiff and impersonal and the 5200 version is quacky and nonsensical.  In my reviews I like to display support for chaos or what can be considered the Atari 5200’s touch on genius and wild gameplay.  We definitely should try to think of both the 2600 joystick and the 5200 joystick as challenges.  Years ago I presented Nathan (my little brother) my Atari 2600 joystick and he said, in gross countenance, “I don’t know about this.  Why doesn’t it move?”  Except for the Atari 5200 joystick, Atari as a company in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s was given to show off games on joysticks with the minimalism of pulls and twists.  From this line of truth you can assume the Atari 7800 joystick is something of minimalist control.  (Think about it.  If Atari found out that some gamers were frustrated with the 5200 joystick’s pulls and twists, would you release a 7800 joystick with minimal pulls and twists?). Try guessing on what this sentence theorizes here: were you to play Keystone Kapers with the 7800 joystick then you wouldn’t be playing the Atari 2600 but instead be playing the Atari 7800.  My rule, my rules.  Anyways, this game has the same “cartridge lines” on numerous screens on my TV compared to other choice titles like Venture and Street Racer, yet when I’m combating against space between beachballs, radios, planes, shopping carts, and a prisoner of console wars in Keystone Kapers there ought to be magnificence instead of tedious routine, great imagination in place of disinterest.  It’s hard for us to imagine how this game can be revealed as being “comedy” in Activision’s TV commercials when dispute acts on fun for their privilege in the economic undertaking.  Perhaps if the 5200 version had never existed, the 2600 game wouldn’t be looked at as “something else”.  Yet it’s not funny even for what it is!  Nor do courses in their performances allow the prisoner much walking room to make the gameplay fair in any way.  I want my Atari 2600 game to feel like a complete product rather than be the 2600 before the 5200.  Come on!  Just give me the real game.    


https://youtu.be/7YxKf8D7w8U

No comments:

Post a Comment