Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Videogame Review, Encounter at L-5 for the Atari 2600 Console (w/ Best Electronics’ New Paddle Controllers)




Videogame Review, Encounter at L-5 for the Atari 2600 Console (w/ Best Electronics’ New Paddle Controllers)

A minority have this game, a minority like this game, and a minority dislike this game.  I’m in the 3rd.  While shooting a lot of “aliens” sounds interesting there’s more to be less satisfied on including the hard-to-appear orange boss and the excessive hard difficulty, me, myself, having issues with the oncoming ships which don’t seem to meld in elegance let alone anything in a fair manner.  Battles in real life may be this difficult although it’s tough to swallow the orange boss who doesn’t seem to always appear on the TV screen until I’ve been shot by him.  The instruction manual can’t really justify the glitches in the game and I almost considered my game to be broken.  You’ll find YouTube videos on the game for improving strategy at least.  What’s the strategy?  Run away like a coward to the edges of the TV screen and shoot like crazy.  I’m not sure if I would call this strategy because I believe there should be more gameplay in the TV’s center where aliens may pardon me for other spaces.  But that’s not what I’m seeing here; the ammunition of the strange UFOs is especially too much on the ultra-side difficulty selections and there’s even more of a need to be a coward of sorts.  Retail here is lacking in particular on the angles given to ships driving like blobs and scattered messes.  PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ (PS3) doesn’t compare to this game since even the easy difficulty can be a depressing experience given the deflation of high scores, a deflation of score points which might be appropriate for other games that require progress as opposed to Encounter at L-5’s disposition for irritation levels.  The shooter “ends” too quickly by the simple, cheap method on the part of video engineers involving continuous madness over low cost appeal.  And, as said, the orange boss comes onto the TV screen in momentous appeal to invisibility and thus can obliterate my ship as I’m staring, unblinkingly, at the TV screen.  How can anyone really master this game?  The best players I’ve seen on YouTube for this program mostly bang their heads over the ordeal, as unpleasing as it is disgusting.  My analog controls are very good with Best Electronics’ new, enhanced analog parts, but who cares?  Maybe you’ll find colors and shapes on the screen, but they don’t add up in momentum let alone gravity when elegance is mistreated into impoverished space patrol units glimmering in computer errors you’ll find quite often on the Atari 2600 console, a video computer from the 70’s and 80’s.  The UFOs don’t have original design to them, either.  Everything just appears to be a mistake!  Where’s my real game?



https://youtu.be/YUtxsc1ZsIk

No comments:

Post a Comment