Translate

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Videogame Review, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+- Full Version, for the PS3 (or PS Now)



Videogame Review, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+- Full Version, for the PS3 (or PS Now)

It’s too much.  No, really, it’s too much.  Everything in the game is too much- the colors, the shapes, the sounds, the controls, the gameplay, the options, the internet connection, all except for the boring-looking PS4 console.  The version on the PS Now is like the version we’ve played on the original PS3 slim console (as I’m sure the 1st editions of the PS3 became obsolete from the number-crunching data Sony required).  Now calm down.  I’m just getting started.  Remember the Virtual Boy?  Well, imagine a PS3 game which gives your eyes more ache and pain than anything on the Virtual Boy; I mean, like, 10 times greater.  My eyes aren’t just crying; my eyes feel like they’re bleeding!  And I haven’t been watching much TV all day long.  Could you imagine how this Pac-Man game would affect the TV-binging gamer?  That guy’s eyes would fall off!  Certainly a PS3 game like this is a surprise because the gimmick of eating tons of blue ghosts with your yellow hero seems appealing at first until it becomes apparent the gameplay is around 100 times harder than Pac-Man Jr.  Running out of bombs isn’t an unusual circumstance and the fixed course modes don’t give us much bang for our buck, whatever our bucks are.  The direction pad and thumbstick would’ve been good on my PS4 controller and PS3 controller if the Pac-Man game would just slow down… just for one moment.  Why am I going in circles again?  And how can these automatic trophies I’ve earned for time trials qualify for Pac-Man’s championship tournament?  Questions like these are only casual ones I’m admitting right this moment with no long-term preparation in gear for asking.  My eyes are still hurting… too much… too much… color.  Nothing is pleasing about this game.  I feel like I’ve been electrocuted from all the dazzling visuals.  You’re probably watching the game in YouTube videos for it and I congratulate you for such curiosity.  Even if we’re digging into the gameplay with no questions asked we’ll wind up having questions in mind anyway in relation to its short, uninteresting time trials.  Bombs themselves can run out.  And, there’s nothing in the game to use the bombs on, I’m merely scaring the ghosts away from using the bombs and the ghosts don’t have any attacks themselves.  It’s funny to see ghosts around different corners sleeping and snoring though.  Of course I can’t hear any of them snoring due to all the blazing music selections ruining my eardrums for good until I get some ear-listening tool in the future.  I’ve beaten this Pac-Man gimmick really quickly.  It’s rather an excessive burst of color that I don’t think will be friendly on anyone’s eyes.  If someone trashes the Virtual Boy and approves PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+, he is a liar.  Playing with Wario on the Virtual Boy already tested my limits pretty highly so I can’t imagine how this Pac-Man game on the PS4 would be any better while my eyes leak and tear from such exhaustion of the graphical and I haven’t played the Virtual Boy in over a month.  In the past when PS3 consoles were roaring with Sony’s online shopping I got fooled into liking this game because it was exciting and new; but now, after distancing myself away from the PS3 classic and trying it out on a more experienced basis, I can’t give praise to what’s actually too chaotic and beautiful for liking, let alone playing on poor controls given to direction pad and thumbstick.  Pardon me if I seem rash.  My eyes are totally in pain as I’m typing and I’m being as honest as I can without fatally dismissing the game over bad philosophy.  Maybe you’ll like the game at first, but I’m sure we’re not THAT crazy.  



https://youtu.be/wzSRv4YrQy0

No comments:

Post a Comment