Translate

Monday, November 26, 2018

Videogame Review, Blok Drop U for the Nintendo Wii U



Videogame Review, Blok Drop U for the Nintendo Wii U


This is a short, cheap game.  You get it off the Nintendo Wii U console through its shopping channel where you’re constantly teased about Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and whoever the public in support of Nintendo over the years makes in charge.  It’s a computer game that involves erasing blocks just in time for the main red block to land safely somewhere.  One song plays throughout the game.  Music goes in extended loops and repetitions even if the one song playing throughout the entire game is all we need; it kind of acts like a spy-sort-of-theme while you work in getting the blocks down.  At times blocks just fall into the pits even if there’s likely more blocks to erase completely from the picture immediately for the main red block’s safe landing on top of crisp black blocks.  Blocks in general like to float in the air under pressure from each other due to gravity at pulling and pushing on their sides along the pixelated images.  My Wii U gamepad (the one I use to turn on the Wii U machine) acts as a mobile device with a good amount of weight to it.  Here we can press the Wii U gamepad against our chests or stomachs for playing the game or really use one hand to grasp onto the controller in any revelation of its mobile screen.  (Don’t think of Sonic the Hedgehog while reading this or else I’ll have to slap you in the face.)  30 levels are built up into the mini game.  Dreaming big is nice, but what about thinking smaller?  Blok Drop U is like many of those short, cheap games you’ll find on the Commodore 64.  I just wish Nintendo released more short, cheap games on the Nintendo Wii U so we could budget on a whole ton of games with assortments on course design and gameplay.  Honestly I’m not in that much of a mood to play with Sonic the Hedgehog on and on until we die because there’s got to be plenty of applications Nintendo and others can create on their devices.  The controls are very good with my Wii U gamepad- I’ve played this game with a brand new Wii U gamepad from Best Buy and I’ve played this game with a refurbished Wii U gamepad from Gamestop, so I guarantee there’s functionality to this program unless you have one of those “used” Wii U gamepads that overtime get less functional from incoming dirt, debris, and dust.  Also the screen through the ages can get more worn from constant usage which I especially guarantee by comparing a used Wii U gamepad to a like-new Nintendo Switch.  For my money, I’d prefer getting applications which cost more than a few bucks since short, cheap games tend to wear out sooner in my brain, but then my heart sings: “Let me have lots of those short, cheap games and have tons of fun!”

No comments:

Post a Comment