Translate

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Videogame Review, Subnautica Below Zero for the Playstation 5 (PS5)

Videogame Review, Subnautica Below Zero for the Playstation 5 (PS5)


I can’t “see” into this game well.  Environmentalism isn’t heaven or hell, or, the supernatural vision this PS5 game appears to suggest from visuals and graphics on 4K TV.  You do get some very scary creatures here and it’s a bit humorous with fear upon ice.  The camera angles get jumpy.  Even picking up a poster leaves a big dent on the fun factor if there even is one; then again, survival in real life is more obvious and way less troublesome on equipment.  Subnautica Below Zero isn’t a great game for the Playstation 5 in terms of guides and instructions.  I’m given a little survival knife in the beginning of the game and must search for wonders of biology and chemistry.  And, with this little survival knife, I go into the world and discover a huge, giant monster before running away.  That’s not a good survival method!  You do get better tools and weapons down the road.  However, from the beginning, you must find your way and it’s less like a game and more like travel and exploration.  When I go outside my house and pick up a rock, I’m not playing a game; yet, with Subnautica Below Zero, you’re expected to believe it’s a game for doing such a thing.  You have to pick up lots of rocks, minerals, chemicals, and general goods in the name of science.  For science, I don’t have enough instructions and guides; so, I end up messing around with my PS5 controller and TV, the game leading me into fishy mechanics and wild elements of surprise.  My character picks up rocks and other scientific objects by throwing them away, and, by the PS5 game and the fiction, rocks and other scientific objects shrink into unknown visuals until I have more equipment of vital resources.  “Maximum freedom” is a phrase the PS5 game contains and I believe such an illusion of sport hurts the challenges within reason of doubt.  Super Mario 64 was a great game with excellent instructions and a quality guide.  Subnautica Below Zero is a downgrade in terms of learning, understanding, and educational management.  Consider the vocabulary in the PS5 game.  Do you know what the vocabulary even means?  I don’t understand the vocabulary and I don’t think the game knows by the way.  My home theater system does wonders; however, Subnautica Below Zero puts a lot of script and conversation (between characters) right on my PS5 controller and I have to hold the PS5 controller up to my head to hear anything, and, it’s difficult to listen, from the low volume and the acting cast’s lack of confidence.  You will get false images of exploration.  For example, I experience an attack by an underwater fish-bomb and receive a dent on my field of vision, although there’s little to no explanation about field of vision and the dent, or, “crack on the window”, goes away just because.  The game keeps lots of information hidden from view and I must either make a lousy guess or just keep fishing in a wonderful blindfold.  Entering or walking into a tiny little ship is crazy!  The camera angles move around and jump around with such vibrations and shakes that it looks like an earthquake is taking place even though I’m supposed to be simply walking in a ship from room to room.  There’s a Survival Mode in Subnautica Below Zero but, due to the nature of the game, you will die really quickly unless you so happen to make the right guesses and become psychotic and bewildered.  My Playstation 5 does provide interesting visuals with a share of horror and in-game energy.  But I’m looking for a PS5 game that can be more like my tour guide.  I don’t want to turn on the PS5 game, only for my character to get dumped on a lost planet with few natural resources.  It’s not fun and the survival mode is a big question mark.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Subnautica-Below-Zero-PS5-884378956

No comments:

Post a Comment