Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Photo, “The Recipe Tender (Yellow Recipe Box)”

 



Photo, “The Recipe Tender (Yellow Recipe Box)”


Here! You can see the recipe box. The recipe box is “RECIPE TENDER” from the 1950s. But, I do not know much about my grandma’s recipe box. You can see a name for the business on the business postage card. The business was Richards Rosen Associates, Inc. I still do not know who made the recipe box. I do not even know when or exactly what year. As you can see, the recipe box is very old with very old recipe cards. You can see the very old recipe cards in the slot. My grandma would “tender” each card with a unique food recipe. I can still make drinks and salads with my grandma’s recipe box; however, other recipes for food will require cautionary reading before cooking anything in the kitchen. You may consider this 1950s vintage. Even from internet search and internet research, I know very little about this yellow recipe box. The “recipe tender” recipe box contains references to California hotels and cans of fish that no longer exist. Call this yellow recipe box my guide to 1950s evolution of eating and cooking in America. I must be very, very careful with some recipes while cooking. Some cooking methods from the past are now impossible or unsafe. Also, the concept of “health” was very mysterious and misleading in the 1950s. At least you can get the idea. The recipe box is vintage and respectable for my personal collection. I cannot find the RECIPE TENDER on the internet. The business for my grandma’s recipe box was New York related. I can even find a recipe for the “Zombie Drink” inside this yellow recipe box. Cool, huh?




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/The-Recipe-Tender-Yellow-Recipe-Box-942987900

No comments:

Post a Comment