Translate

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Photo, “Religious Mexican Art (Monkey)”

 



Photo, “Religious Mexican Art (Monkey)”


I have Associate level of college education in Spanish. But, I do not have an Associate degree. An Associate degree requires 2 years of study in a subject for one college. For my 2 years of Spanish education, I went to 2 community colleges to reach Associate level, without a degree. However, the education is almost the same. I went from Ventura to Bakersfield, California, for community college. During my attendance in high school, for Elementary Art, I did “clay” art. The “clay” art was, first, made with my hands. And, then, the “clay” was made hard in a special oven. Afterwards, when the “clay” was given me from the oven, I was painting it a smooth, creamy white color. It’s art from Mexico, a country very close to California in America. At first, I did not know what the symbol was. From recent research, I’ve discovered that this “monkey” is related to the Aztec calendar. Call me a poet; call me a creative writer. From the white color, you probably think the art is less colorful. But, that’s an illusion of logic. When you look closely, you can see the “monkey” has arms that float like wings and legs that curve like vines. The dancing metaphor is unique for philosophy of spirit. Of course, the art is really abstract. Do you see the monkey? The “clay” becomes a reference for spiritual geometry of form to reason of human touch. We still need to discover more information about this mysterious symbol. But, the clay is very easy on my eyes while I look at it with poetic observation.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Religious-Mexican-Art-Monkey-941587850

No comments:

Post a Comment