Translate

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Poem- “Retro Prejudice”


“Retro Prejudice”


You can see everything on the internet.

Can you?

Well, there’s a professional network upon the web.

Visitors can find reliable sources, creative artists, and proper businesses.


However…


Some “people” do not believe it.

They do not believe the internet can do anything.

We’re talking about fools and hypocrites who reject our reality today.

Many of these people are old, laughable, and pretty absurd.

You will see these people reading newspapers during the internet age.

If you talk to them about smartphones, their ears feel obsolete sounds.

When you suggest modern technology to them, bizarre denial is their game.

Modern artists struggle to please these golden oldies.

They show old people their creative videos and the old people may say,


“Everybody can do that and it should be free!”


You can show these old people your drawings for the modern world.

In all likelihood, the old people will respond with instant doubt and say,


“Back in my day, technology was better and people were kind.”


Of course, such old people still cannot even consider history.

When you mention history of the past to them, they increase quiet hints.

They start acting goofy, begin making grace of their faulty knowledge.

Chat with them involves neat labels, abstract health, and obvious flavors.

After all these years, those vintage citizens still handle wooden nickels.

Nothing on the internet is “real” to them.

Even a picture of “wooden nickels” will always be fiction to them.

They will never buy wooden nickels or anything on the internet.

Some old people cannot figure out what a button is for.

A button appears to them like a permanent plaything without control.

I find that many 1960s nostalgics will believe that pinball is still foul.

Restaurant owners of a high age may not even repair their arcades.

They have conditions and qualities, but they do not know how to examine.

They do not know how to divide, or fix, or dream, or regret, or disturb.

Everything about the past is “fine and dandy” to them.

Oh, yeah, I should recommend vintage critics to them and smile.

But they would look with unknowing manners and pretend to correct me.

I keep mentioning the dark past to them and they say,


“People always laugh about this stuff and we can predict the future.”


Nobody knows the future; that’s why we regret the past.

Do you know that the word “future” is ancient vocabulary and not new? 

Besides, our great, great grandchildren will have new ideas without us.

Will they depend on the ignorance of records and discoveries?

I don’t think so.

The telephone is always a practical joke for so many elder folks.

It’s always the broken ring, the missing number, the forgotten contact.

Old people with this memory should talk to a witch doctor.

Young people will believe that my poem here only contains criticism.

Children may even think that I’m actually talking about a witch doctor!

Do millennials understand the very concept of a subject for nothing?

A subject for nothing will kill so much prejudice in our modern world.

Most people never want “nothing” and they always do “something” now.

The TV remote works better in my mouth when I speak with it.

I can change the channel with a long piece of tape.

That makes sense, right?

I like to play jazz music on my smartphone and confuse pedestrians.

Who cares if people do not really listen to “old stuff” anymore?

I enjoy modern technology with rotten tomatoes.

Sometimes, I like to poke fun at the ridiculous vegetarian menus.

Maybe I would ask my retired neighbor,


“Can I add bacon to my pumpkin and celebrate Halloween?”


Yeah, I know.

My nostalgia is through the roof!

The internet is a great source of social media.

We just need to realize that EVERYBODY is social.

Some people just experience torture from a mouse.

They will always need to love their stupid machines.

I enjoy dancing around a tree and singing a foreign language.

I guess that makes me a Democrat.

Well, hey!

At least I love being a Democrat.

Some Democrats are lost on the freeway.

I will bring their donkeys.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Retro-Prejudice-972042526

No comments:

Post a Comment