Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Poem- "Couch Dining"


Couch Dining
Kind of sober, sweetly to cut the cheese off above heaven;
To soak these seeds with kind faces, around 24/7,
Thus chewing Spitz, when returns for markets change quite eleven.

Run across sunflowers, borrowing dust while matching great hue;
Toss in funny turns for good show, by kitchen smoke rendezvous,
So growing blood, I fly through soft hints to calm mind over you.

Wisdom teeth to seasoned shells, I watch bait delicious enough;
Eyes to flash, in going reverse on passion hitting zenith,
Under God, to chain that pug after Tiffany Lamp towards moth.

Just might to smooth laze, game venture to correct balanced heat;
Push to shove, entertainment before leaving faces on one cheat,
Let’s toast sunflower seeds, to boast recurring aid on rock’s beat.


* This is a story about how I sit on a couch and eat sunflower seeds.  I go through abstractions in this blues poem; in fact, it can be said there are many blues poems here.  It's my consciousness speaking; I've been a seer of too much.  What's interesting here is that I rhyme "enough" with "zenith", thus providing "soft hints" of my American dialect.

No comments:

Post a Comment