Translate

Monday, December 17, 2018

Videogame Review, Dr. Mario Online Rx for the Nintendo Wii (w/ Wii Remote)




Videogame Review, Dr. Mario Online Rx for the Nintendo Wii (w/ Wii Remote)

This idea can’t be your mind.  (Whew!  Now I’m comfortable in talking with you.)  Dr. Mario was a classic on the Nintendo Entertainment System and this Wii edition of the same game is proof without its evidence.  In other words, this game is like a cake Nintendo gives to us without any icing.  A lot of white is flowing from the program although I’m thinking, maybe, Nintendo needs to put in more juice.  Energy gradually builds up to a game’s look unless it’s worsened into mere focus.  Dr. Mario Online Rx resembles one of those cheap photographs or 3rd-party programs gamers expect from the market: really white, pretty flimsy, and dumb-looking.  Look at Dr. Mario on the Nintendo Wii; you’ll see him giving off some kind of weird vibe in his body language that suggests incompetence and those viruses/germs look awfully loony and plastic.  Perhaps I was imagining huge, great things while playing the NES original and now I’m rather flabbergasted by Dr. Mario’s retarded appearance on the Nintendo Wii.  He doesn’t look… “clean”.  This Wii game is supposed to represent the clean laboratory where Dr. Mario conducts his experiments with pills and a vial.  Every germ/virus looks more like food than bacteria.  (I have a long line of food photography on Yelp.  I know what I’m talking about!)  Honestly, everything about the germs or viruses makes Mario seem mean and senseless.  There’s too much assumption from Nintendo about Dr. Mario.  Evidence is lacking, proof is inevitable.  So many puzzles are passed yet unanswered.  Pills are dropped into a bottle where the germs are just minding their own business and being dirty, nothing more.  A story could’ve made us realize how tremendous Dr. Mario’s work must be- that is, to conduct a scientific experiment to save other people’s lives.  Have you ever run into a lot of Mario games where Mario actually puts on his doctor outfit and attempts to cure Princess Peach from the effects of Bowser’s oil?  Okay, I’m probably having a joke within reason to give something for engineers to chew on.  The controls in my gameplay are whacky and each pill seems to linger where my ideas can’t keep up with the conflict between cures and diseases.  A high score is mostly based on what’s achieved in points from one level; rewards, promotions, recognitions are mostly assumed by the gamer in Dr. Mario Online Rx.  Let me tell Nintendo something.  If they expect me to imagine things for myself when dealing with a work of art, then it’s not actually a work of art itself.  White, white, white, a dork, a bottle of pills… I think I know who’s sick.




https://youtu.be/c3emOUSxevo

No comments:

Post a Comment