Translate

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Videogame Review, Excitebike for the Nintendo Entertainment System (on Nintendo Wii U)




Videogame Review, Excitebike for the Nintendo Entertainment System (on Nintendo Wii U)

This has been a favorite on the Nintendo Wii U for others.  I don’t quite see why; as a portable game there’s a lot which is hard to see because we have to play the game on the Wii U gamepad if we want it to be portable; mashing the buttons on my Nintendo Wii U gamepad to get the biker up allows for a lot of shaking on my portable controller and it then gets difficult to see what’s going on on the screen.  Xevious for the NES wasn’t a problem on my Nintendo Wii U.  Excitebike is a lot more of a mashup than we tend to treat it as- vision is stretched all over the TV for this Nintendo classic and my buttons get tapped to the point of no return of safe, unfailing graphics.  It’s just… better… to play Excitebike as a home console title rather than a portable console.  I tell you, these portable machines can get the handle on us when there’s no auto fire available whatsoever.  Couldn’t Nintendo just offer auto fire and withhold it for games where it’s considered cheating?  And 3rd-party controllers for the Nintendo Wii U are a risky proposition.  Right now I’m seeing my computer’s check on my spelling and it’s wrong.  lol  See?  My computer thinks “lol” is actually the word I need.  So how could auto fire work?  Could auto fire work without messing up everything?  Nintendo did make their mark with Excitebike although I’m afraid the Nintendo Wii U has put a wrench on our concept for the game.  Let me ask programmers something: “Does hitting the button a few times make the program less of a game or can a simulation be exceeded by constant button mashing?”  When I ask my family and friends this I get no intelligent response; they just basically say “okay”.  Of course none of that matters.  I’m speaking to the players who know and understand so much on video games to be more directive within reason along the genius intended for purpose.  Videogame design is around us!  We’re achieving times and quickened paces through Excitebike on a scale from teary-eye’d boredom to excitement.  Balance appears to be more of an issue with Excitebike.  “Selection A” is really not a race at all except in notion to competitors while “Selection B” brings in the hooked athletes on energy into ride-to-ride madness; it’s motocross.  Even if you grab another controller A and B feel off touch for innovation and beginners are more likely to excuse master-mind-work over the edge beneath the swift dirt.  Perhaps an original Nintendo Entertainment System controller would fix this drive/acceleration drama.  Then again, Pole Position on the Atari 5200 console controls a lot better than Excitebike in terms of drifting, braking, and handle-to-throttle acceleration; pole position vehicles do have a lot more innovation than simple dirt bikes.  Of course this is preference I’m speaking of and there’s a good deal of reason on Excitebike’s 8-bit world of dirt-biking.  But how could a pole position vehicle be less complicated to handle than a dirt bike?  Something is off here.



https://youtu.be/fRgMCtaWoSU

No comments:

Post a Comment