Translate

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Videogame Review, Columns for the Sega Genesis (w/ New 3-Button Genesis Controller)




Videogame Review, Columns for the Sega Genesis (w/ New 3-Button Genesis Controller)


Some artists are concerned for their work when criticism is excused.  And, maybe they want education!  (This is weird.  Education always involves criticism.)  If you’re someone who doesn’t want criticism, then stop deserving it if you can.  My criticism is art, too.  Of course there’s going to be arcade action as we’re geared up for Columns on the Sega Genesis or what’s considered to be a logo on the box to outsiders of Sega’s videogames.  Companies like Sega do tend to have suspicious minds from time to time.  Privacy, security, times when alone?  Hey, if Sega fans want that much privacy there might as well be no such thing as “friends”.  Go to Mars while they’re at it: more Sega Saturn for me.  (There’s no electricity on Mars right now.)  Okay, okay.  I’m being silly I guess.  But Columns is a great puzzle game and my 3-button controller can connect to its difficulty.  There’s different levels of difficulty; easier to hardest.  The Genesis controller I’m speaking of marked a shift in the video game world from use of rectangular joypads to a curved joypad- in fact, the Genesis controller has quite a bit of a dashboard underneath the logo front for extra gripping methods and plenty of 16-bit games on the Genesis have extra benefit from it.  Logos, or word-labels and color-labels, on the Genesis controller may attract a newcomer or skip the potential customer.  Old people (depending on who) refer to the whole history of video games from moments on end to pardon themselves for inexperience in the art.  So many guys still pay attention to Pong because of all its hardware, or kinds of hardware.  But this is misleading.  If the Sega Genesis console disappeared and we only had its controller and Columns would that make any difference?  Somewhat.  People have gotten Sega Genesis consoles over the years very much so they can have a nice-looking object in the living room.  A videogame console, if it’s decorated enough, can be like a beautiful vase.  My Sega Genesis console used for this review (2nd model, 32X) really towers on itself and actually plugging in the plugs can require me to plug in the power supply ends deeper than previously located.  What I know already is that I can’t possibly review every video game in existence out there.  An artist on DA may say, “I’ve done my best on my art, so why can’t you just spend time to enjoy it?”  There’s a problem: “time”.  Every bad work of art that I deal with means lost opportunity for getting into every good work of art.  And, if you’ve already had infinite amounts of imagination and failed to distinguish art from reality then you’ll have to compromise with me somewhat.  But Sega can declare if I’ve mis-touched on a subject!  A flaw with compromise is that a really wrongheaded person can attract a genius into creating weaker art.  Both artists and critics can do this.  Columns is very good in graphics, controls, and music.  Gameplay for each session makes me want to strengthen my own appreciation for everybody’s art, including my own, and I hope artists can feel the same way I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment