Translate

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Videogame Review, Oddworld Soulstorm for the Playstation 5 (PS5)

Videogame Review, Oddworld Soulstorm for the Playstation 5 (PS5)


Objects in the game keep changing and I can’t make sense of it.  For the Playstation 5, the game can never be final.  You get updates, downloads, and a constant flow of data that runs on internet.  Super Mario World was final; Super Mario World was completed in time for the holidays and no updates were necessary.  Why?  Because Super Mario World, a classic game for the Super Nintendo, was a program running without internet.  Oddworld Soulstorm does have appeal to some gamers who don’t bother with whatever they know is unreal or uncool.  If you’ve played with this PS5 game before, you know exactly what’s wrong with it.  When I’m playing with the Playstation 5 I expect for my character to have a gun that actually works instead of firing bullets in unlikely areas.  Doesn’t the campfire have too much of a surprise?  I think so.  In fact, I know so.  A campfire should leave my character behind it hidden from the enemy.  Especially if the fire is big enough, my character should remain hidden from sight; but, what happens is, the enemy will fire at me even when I’m supposed to be hidden from view.  You’re probably thinking, “Well, the enemy can see you when you approach him.”  Ah!  Not always.  At times I will make my character run up to an enemy on purpose and, for some reason, he will just look at me and not do anything about it.  Sometimes he won’t attack me even when he sees me.  Also, the mine traps may not work for some buggy reason of data that I can’t explain.  The audio is really, really poor.  My home theater system sounds more like a normal TV with Oddworld Soulstorm.  If anything, the audio is so unpredictable and inconsistent that I almost confused the PS5 game for a vintage video tape.  (I have a brand new VHS player right in my house.  I know what a video tape sounds like.)  At least this PS5 game was free with my PS Plus membership.  Modern technology is a struggle for electric virtue.  Updates help a lot.  Still, the PS5 game is not final and, from the present view of life, the PS5 game needs internet to work at all.  The Playstation 5 video game console can’t be final since players and gamers don’t follow the rules well.  Here, for Oddworld Soulstorm, I think there should be more quality for the rules.  You’re expected to play this game and have doubt and entertainment about the graphics and audio.  You will need some of your own humor to pull off moves and goals.  The challenge is puzzling but erratic.  When playing the game I must fool around with enemies who don’t know their targets well and manage their weapons like bugs and errors themselves.  Super Mario World under normal use contained no bugs and errors.  This PS5 game is a serious step down from some times past.  Oddworld Soulstorm can be funny to watch.  However, I’m not supposed to watch it and ignore the game.  The audio can only be a guilty pleasure because I have too much time and there’s other games in my video game library.  The Playstation 5 has an indefinite number of games.  We do get new limits.  So, what we have is a game with new limits that speak for updates and unlimited continues.  It’s old-fashioned and wrong, and, it must be, for gamers familiar with the past work.  The game’s views to sport are not realistic and even expert players are going to struggle with ongoing changes of fighting and battle.  Just a sign posted on a piece of land can stop working and I end up wondering what I need to do to get on to the next level.  Gamers with previous experience can have some fun with this game.  But, without previous experience, new players will be scratching their heads until their brains are full and they’re forced into unrealistic battles and the law of nature in the subject of video games.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Oddworld-Soulstorm-PS5-880055939

No comments:

Post a Comment