Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Videogame Review, Revolution X for the Super Nintendo (w/ Brand New Fighter Stick)

Videogame Review, Revolution X for the Super Nintendo (w/ Brand New Fighter Stick)


You’re probably going to scream right about now.  This is one of those bad games, a very popular bad game.  At least my experience is significantly better with the Fighter Stick.  The Fighter Stick is an arcade joystick for the Super Nintendo with lots of buttons and turbo functions.  Having auto-fire for the “CD bullets” is especially helpful!  But, why can’t I just take down a damn helicopter and get over it?  That helicopter can be such a parade float and it bothers me.  When I shoot hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of CDs at a helicopter and it doesn’t explode or go down, something must be wrong with the program.  Yes I know the helicopter does go down soon.  You must find the “secret” first.  I don’t like programmers who keep all these secrets from me.  Revolution X gets a bad rap and for good reason.  The game drags.  It’s repetitive, it’s long, and it’s not funny.  I can’t blame the musicians.  People in public need to get more used to music.  Problem is, we’re forced into so much music in the world and we walk fast in stores and restaurants hoping to get away from the noise.  The Super Nintendo is not a CD player.  And, at the same time, we have a game that gives reference to a CD player.  A CD player is an old device; the Super Nintendo is an old video game console.  My Super Nintendo does have advantage of extra sound plugs compared to CD players which just burst with volume without so many cords to choose from.  Don’t play with a regular Super Nintendo controller for Revolution X.  That’s a waste of time.  If you’re going to play Revolution X, the Fighter Stick is the best device, although I do wish the Super Nintendo mouse would work for Revolution X and it doesn’t.  With the Fighter Stick, the comedy works a little better and my aim is greater to touch.  Revolution X is about a hero who wants to harm boring people and make them listen to music.  That’s nice, I guess.  But I’m still playing with a Super Nintendo.  Modern technology in the 1990’s wasn’t enough for Revolution X.  Revolution X might as well be a theory put to practice.  I can do stuff in the game.  In fact, firing CDs at serious-looking bad guys is humorous in a weird sort of way.  What do you think of the music?  Honestly, the Super Nintendo is not a CD player and it’s not like a programmer can just stuff a CD player into the Super Nintendo game and make it work because it won’t.  Revolution X has Super Nintendo standards to it and really needs to go with those standards.  Too much realism hurts the Revolution X formula.  We get pictures and images that suggest a greater fantasy than what we’re seeing and it’s a shame the view looks so dull and bright on the money.  I have my Super Nintendo on a desk with a small flat-screen TV.  I use the Super Nintendo like a video computer.  It’s not official, but it’s a possible situation to be in.  Shooting CDs is kind of a funny business.  The enemies take too long to handle.  Good thing I have automatic fire.  Automatic fire lets me just push a button and let the CDs come into contact with floating hostilities.  Turning up my TV volume has little effect since the Super Nintendo is not a CD player.  Actually, a CD player itself can have very limited volume depending on the CD selected for entertainment.  So, for Revolution X, we may be getting a poor Super Nintendo game for a poor CD version of music.  That’s possible!  And, if that’s the case, it’s a really, really bad situation to be in.  I have the original music on my cell phone and, trust me, it works a lot better on my cell phone, even if my cell phone is not a CD player.  So, what’s a CD?  You be the judge. 




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Revolution-X-Super-Nintendo-879181929

No comments:

Post a Comment