Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Videogame Review, Advanced Pinball Simulator for the ZX Spectrum (w/ PS5 Controller and MacBook Air)

Videogame Review, Advanced Pinball Simulator for the ZX Spectrum (w/ PS5 Controller and MacBook Air)


This is an old pinball game.  You’re probably going to say, “This is not a PS5 game!”  Yeah, so?  I can use my PS5 controller for this old pinball game.  It’s an action game.  A very, very intense action game.  You will find a virtual castle in glowing red lights.  ZX Spectrum games remind me of Persona 5 StrikersPersona 5 Strikers is a PS4 game (or, Playstation 4 game).  Of course, the memory does not serve me well.  Advanced Pinball Simulator is an intense action game.  Persona 5 Strikers is a long, long, long, game.  But… it’s not challenging.  Persona 5 Strikers is just a movie script with little input.  I was playing Persona 5 Strikers for 3 hours, and, I did not lose the game even once.  That’s not good modern technology!  Advanced Pinball Simulator is challenging.  The old pinball game gets to the point.  For gameplay, I need to play a game, not “watch” a game!  Some PS4 games are mostly for watching.  I don’t want to just “watch” a game.  This must be understood.  It’s gameplay, not people watching!  Advanced Pinball Simulator is dramatic, powerful, and quite virtual for the 1980’s.  A virtual castle in glowing red lights reminds me of the Virtual Boy.  The Virtual Boy was one of Nintendo’s video game consoles.  The Virtual Boy was a display for the glowing red flash under gameplay.  Virtual Boy games were short, but, at least I was able to playAdvanced Pinball Simulator is demanding of magical intention.  You’re fighting a wizard.  And, you don’t have to defeat the wizard right away, but the high score helps improve intelligence and wonder.  Notice the “L” and “R” tunnels.  The “L” and “R” tunnels are dangerous for pinballs.  “L” means left and “R” means right.  These dangerous tunnels open the gutters.  Your pinball can enter the gutters.  This is a game lost, by then.  Pinball is a game with pins, balls, and a general map of points.  You must complete the quality to enter the habit.  Each point behaves like a dramatic finishing touch.  Of course, the dramatic finishing touch requires minimal effort of smartness from time to time.  My MacBook Air is still struggling with video.  The PS5 controller is perfect for a pinball game.  And, yet, the PS5 controller has a slippery direction pad that’s somewhat useful for other games.  I’m playing Advanced Pinball Simulator on Antstream.  Antstream is retro service for old games.  The “virtual” effects are often accidental for the ZX Spectrum computer.  The ZX Spectrum was not intended for virtual effects.  But, when I see the glowing, flashing red castle and see my pinball disappearing into translucent towers, I begin to wonder about such exaggerated reality of fiction.  One of my favorite TV messages for Advanced Pinball Simulator is, “2 Balls Left”.  I need more balls in my life.  Basketball, football, baseball, soccer ball, tennis ball, golf ball, softball, foul ball, hard ball, and… oh, wait.  There’s no such thing as “hard ball”.  I need more balls in my life.  Pinball is a really good place to start!  You will see potions; you will imagine thunder; you will explode with thunderous applause, and so.  It’s a nice game.  My high score initials for the game are YUMMY.  I just type the high score initials with my keyboard, hit enter, and space.  The evil wizard will call me YUMMY.  Why?  I’m hungry.  There’s no food on my computer.  Every apple is not an Apple.  I want to eat my Apple computer.  Okay, okay!  I’m fooling around.  Maybe my personality can speak for itself.  Advanced Pinball Simulator is an important history lesson.  And, it’s enjoyable.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Advanced-Pinball-Simulator-Apple-PS5-907802305

No comments:

Post a Comment