Translate

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Videogame Review, Pac-Mania for the Arcade (w/ MacBook Air and PS5 Controller)




Videogame Review, Pac-Mania for the Arcade (w/ MacBook Air and PS5 Controller)


Do you want to play “old” games with a PS5 controller?  Well, now you can!  The PS5 controller does not work for every old game (Centipede comes to mind).  But I guarantee you!  This is a Pac-Man game.  It’s called Pac-Mania.  I was just a baby in 1987.  I did not play Pac-Mania until my family went on travel to a professional arcade machine store in the 1990’s.  To make the long story short, arcade machines have seen better days.  Does the PS5 controller work for Pac-Mania?  Yes!  In fact, the PS5 controller works well for Pac-Mania.  I can’t say the same for Super Pac-ManSuper Pac-Man is just too hard with sloppy controls.  Would you believe me that Pac-Mania still suggests Pac-Man’s body inflation?  It’s simple to see this.  You get ghosts.  I mean, you get so many ghosts.  A ghost can appear as one giant crowd while Pac-Man jumps away from them.  The ghosts can come in numbers, the ghosts can come in small packages; when you see it from my view, just one ghost can appear to be so many, like tiny water drops from the checkerboard.  It’s easy to understand this.  You don’t exactly get body inflation.  But, when the ghosts come in numbers and chase Pac-Man against his fruit collections, there’s suggestion of body inflation.  Some ghosts later on will jump like crazy when Pac-Man jumps and you need to remember which ghosts “reach the top”.  The ghosts can jump around like bubbles in a pot and Pac-Man must escape the maze of sweet treats.  Now, whatever you do, do not use the thumbstick.  That’s a mistake.  The thumbstick only makes things harder for no real, true cause.  The direction pad is the way to go!  I have 2 PS5 controllers: one “pink” PS5 controller and one “white” PS5 controller.  I’ve played with both controllers.  I need to use a special cable from Wal-Mart.  The special cable helps me use the PS5 controller for the MacBook Air.  According to Apple, the MacBook Air is not a computer; however, the MacBook Air can play computer games from the past, such as Pac-Mania (or, the Pac-Man game I’m reviewing).  Right now I’m in the Free Tier for Antstream.  I use jewels to play a game on Antstream.  It looks like I’m going to need to fork out more money to use the service.  I think money will help make the service better.  Programmers need money to improve technology.  For one thing, for Pac-Mania, I’ve been stumbling into frame-rate issues.  Quite often I will play a game and experience video hiccups.  So, in this case, what I must do is press buttons with instinct for the invisible bugs and hope for the best.  With enough pattern in Pac-Mania, I can “use the force” and play without video for a moment.  I don’t know.  I just… know!  Eating fruit for bonus points is very rewarding.  Eventually Pac-Mania becomes too hard for me to go any further and the high score is all I have.  Eating more ghosts on those crazy moments requires skill and effort.  It’s not “effortless” and I absolutely hate that word for gaming.  Without effort, there is no game!  Do you think the Los Angeles Dodgers have some drug that can erase sweat from a player’s body?!  I don’t think you do.  You need effort for every game.  I don’t care what the game is.  Only a bad game is effortless.  Pac-Mania is not effortless!  It’s effortful.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Pac-Mania-Arcade-PS5-and-MacBook-Air-906155490

No comments:

Post a Comment