Translate

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Poem- “The Open-Eye Dream”

“The Open-Eye Dream”

I was sleeping.
The bedroom remained in sunshine near a door to the living room.
From sleeping with my eyes open, the bedroom and living room were seen.
Suddenly, during wide-eyed sleep, the whole house shook in an earthquake.
But the earthquake wasn’t real- it was a hallucination.
An invisible gas filled my vision from the hallucination.
My bedroom and living room appeared a bit red and fiery from the “gas”.
I heard my dad yelling.
I heard myself yelling.
The house continued to shake in thunderous vibrations.
Gas edged around my vision.
A hot red color seemed to sink into the imagery.
Remember that I was sleeping with my eyes open during this scene.
And then, the house got quiet.
Maybe a bird or two chirped outside.
My living room, bedroom, and mattress looked fine.
No earthquake ever got reported in the news for my area.
I asked my dad and he said there wasn’t any real earthquake.

So, I’m left alone to this hallucination.
THIS is schizophrenia.
A scene like that resembled hell and incredible destruction.
Fire escaped from my vision when I woke up.
I woke up with my eyes still open- no blinks, no eye-shuts.
My brow could’ve been connected to my mind.
These eyes were on my head, for sure.
I was doing a method of sleeping “with one eye open”.
It worked; but, the scene was very freaky.
Whenever I get a hallucination in bed my body becomes as still as ice.
Schizophrenia is often filled with the devil’s work: red, gassy, misty, drama, fear.
My mental disease isn’t so bad- the hallucinations are obvious enough to dismiss.
Still, someone might read this description of a hallucination with surprise.
Was it a dream?
Perhaps it was.
My studies of language in university classes could’ve kept me in the loop.
It’s like, from looking at so much text, maybe I blessed myself somehow.
But, of course, the blessing became a curse, and I got schizophrenia in 2013.
Really, the hallucinations aren’t that bad.
The distorted imagery almost always comes at bedtime and it’s very rare.
Does a hint of moonlight cause something of mental disorder on the wrong frame?
Well, that “earthquake” now just makes me laugh.
My body remained in position, my head pointed towards the sunshine.
Sleep came during the wide-eye’d vision.
Was it hell?
Probably. 
Next time you hear someone wishing for hell, tell them this story.
It’ll make people think twice before ending up in tragedy.
Hell is a mythological state; however, reality transforms like it sometimes.
Who wants people to scream in pain and suffering?
Now that I’ve seen hell, I pray against it.










https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/The-Open-Eye-Dream-819496785

No comments:

Post a Comment