Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Poem- “The Turkey”

“The Turkey”


I had special education.

Our teacher told us to make a turkey with paper, glue, and feathers.

You’re probably asking, “What kind of turkey?”

Well, not a turkey sandwich, in case you’re wondering.

We were told to make “the turkey”.

That was a euphemism for the big, bold, gobbling male turkey.

The male turkey was “the turkey” according to elementary school.

No teacher ever showed us a female turkey.

I wonder why.

A female turkey is supposed to look and sound different.

But, me and the other students just made a male turkey.

None of us knew it was a male, or, “man” of turkey.

In my entire life of education I was never informed about female turkeys.

So, there you have it!

I am totally illiterate and uneducated about turkeys.

I was just told to make “the turkey” without knowing it first.

And, I was only learning about Thanksgiving and eating “turkey”.

What’s in your turkey sandwich?




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/The-Turkey-884276381

No comments:

Post a Comment