Translate

Friday, June 25, 2021

Videogame Review, Lock ’N’ Chase for the Atari VCS 800

Videogame Review, Lock ’N’ Chase for the Atari VCS 800


Do you use bad words near your grandma?  My grandparents were owners for these old video games.  If you use a “bad word” for this old game, that’s disrespect against my grandma and grandpa.  Keep that in mind for history.  And, not just MY grandparents!  Think about other people and their grandparents.  Some of these grandmas and some of these grandpas could’ve been playing Pong for all we know.  But, I forgive you.  It’s not easy to play modern games and go back to old games.  You go to the “old” games, sure.  But you probably don’t “think” they’re old.  You probably think they are still a point of reference for modern video games and that’s where young people (I’m afraid) get confused.  Let’s say you’re going to play old video games and see what old video games do.  Well, you’re old, but not that old.  Millions of original fans for Pac-Man have already died.  Does that mean anything to a common reviewer of video games?  No.  Death seems impossible to a young man.  Modern gamers just don’t respect old video games like they should.  People die.  Death has existed forever on Earth for as long as living creatures were keeping up with nature.  Lock ’N’ Chase is a symbol for the dead, as well as, the living.  I hope you’re proud of yourself.  All these mistakes, all these errors- where do you go wrong?  Nobody’s perfect.  Hey, I’m not perfect.  But I do enjoy these old video games.  My father doesn’t think I’ve reached my middle-age yet.  Odd.  Playing these old video games itself takes practice and concentration where applicable.  Personally, I think, even in terms of the 1980’s, the arcade machine for Lock ’N’ Chase could’ve been better.  I can’t see why the gates and doors in the bank can’t function well like the Intellivision version of Lock ’N’ Chase.  I believe the Intellivision video game console is cool.  (Well, not for every Intellivision game, but that’s another story.)  I will die in the future; however, it’s all just a guess.  Most of my grandparents are now dead.  Lock ’N’ Chase is an interesting maze game.  The police officers in the game are smart.  In fact, I think the police in an arcade game like this one are “too smart for their own good”.  I’ve used those words before for video games.  The maze (or, “bank”, like a financial institution) could’ve been bigger and the enemies smaller.  Or, are the police officers really “enemies” or something of that sort?  I’m in control of a bank robber for crying out loud!  Ha ha.  Running away from police is fun.  The cartoon imagery is very fun to look at and a joy to hear from the music and sound effects.  It’s a very quick video of cop and robber.  I immediately feel the tension.  Graphics and visuals are not the best kind by modern standards.  So much has changed with modern technology!  I can still play old games and get amusement.  Most readers of books do not say, “Oh, don’t read Shakespeare!  Shakespeare is obsolete!”  Even to this day, saying such a thing about Shakespeare would be a crime against humanity!  So, what this means is, you can’t just hate old video games.  Old video games include classics such as Pac-Man, Space Invaders, and Joust.  Does any reviewer say, “Pac-Man is obsolete”, or am I missing something?  Pac-Man is godlike.  No videogame reviewer can even HAVE those words with confidence.  Not to mention, Lock ’N’ Chase is like Pac-Man.  Lock ’N’ Chase was great in the arcade, but I give the Intellivision version of Lock ’N’ Chase a greater mark of approval.  The bank’s doors just work better on the Intellivision.  The 4K TV makes a big difference.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Lock-N-Chase-Atari-VCS-800-883756949

No comments:

Post a Comment