Translate

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Videogame Review, Duck Hunt for the NES Top Loader (w/ Brand New 3rd-Party Zapper Controller)




Videogame Review, Duck Hunt for the NES Top Loader (w/ Brand New 3rd-Party Zapper Controller)


My “old” TV is brand new.  The controller and video game machine are also brand new.  My game comes from a used copy of that Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt game collection and my review will focus on Duck Hunt.  It’s a great shooting program.  However, there’s a little catch.  My zapper controller isn’t tactical- when managing my device near the “old” TV there’s only so much control possible with a game of ducks or clay.  Consider this device as a toy.  Nintendo was really going strong for the toy market for children.  A zapper controller like mine is very orange with a hint of black.  When I play a game of “2 Ducks” my device can’t always leave a shot between two windows of opportunity and, what happens is, one window of opportunity will “open” even if I’m trying to miss between both windows.  A duck is like a window of opportunity.  Duck Hunt is not a war game; it’s a source of amusement for immature play fighting.  This classic game for the Nintendo Entertainment System is still mostly worthy of notice.  Modern gamers are often familiar with 1st-person shooters where they aim with weapons in a game and have exact precision for aim.  With my brand new TV and zapper controller, Duck Hunt is obviously not one of those “modern” games.  If anything, even for Duck Hunt, it was the Nintendo Wii U that allowed players to have more accurate control with a zapper controller.  The Nintendo Wii remote is very underrated in this regard.  So, compared to the NES Zapper, the Nintendo Wii remote is more accurate for Duck Hunt.  It’s still very fun to go back in the “time machine” with my “old” TV.  I purchased my zapper controller from eBay, brand new, and it was very cheap.  That helps with the cost of my “TV” if you can recognize the TV for what it is.  A modern, 4K TV looks very different compared to my “old” TV.  A 4K TV is a flat screen even if modern games can have greater 3D and virtual touch of gameplay.  At times with my old TV I’ve noticed that Duck Hunt is a 2D game impacting aim and control with slight exaggeration of mechanics.  My zapper controller plays like a squirt gun without the water!  It’s a powerful, steady device with a firm grip.  In the past (my past) a neighbor worried about squirt guns in her religious faith for her kids.  I believe Duck Hunt is more peaceful as an ordinary amusement.  Playing squirt guns with kids can be a risk of friendship in conflict and drama.  Kids get very sensitive over unimportant situations.  My video game collection is more of an adult’s delight for entertainment and TV privileges.  The clay shooting is very fun and it gets challenging to put the shots on the white circles floating in the program’s imaginary sky.  Duck Hunt is imaginary.  Honestly, I was a boy scout in my childhood.  I can tell you that Duck Hunt is very comfortable and easy to deal with.  Shooting clay in real life at camp is actually a very hard game and living for the moment takes practice in such manner of discipline.  When I was shooting clay at camp as a young man, my shoulder got really hurt from the pressure and anxiety of target practice.  Duck Hunt does make me sweat with some exercise.  The Nintendo Wii U has the best aim for Duck Hunt with the Nintendo Wii remote.  Just consider my videogame review as a “nostalgia trip”.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Duck-Hunt-NES-Top-Loader-and-Zapper-883237594

No comments:

Post a Comment