Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Videogame Review, Ms. Pac-Man for the Gameboy (w/ Gameboy Pocket)



Videogame Review, Ms. Pac-Man for the Gameboy (w/ Gameboy Pocket)


I disagree with this game.  Ms. Pac-Man is generally hard concerning labyrinths across the map into arcade performance along the dots- at times, I can’t tell if I’m looking at dots in the maze or dust on the screen.  Wondering just the kind of fruit I’m getting doesn’t help matters.  The Gameboy Pocket is doing the best it can and yet I’m thinking the original Gameboy kicks in the goal better.  How could staring at the screen make me want to run?  Maybe if I was still in my years of youth the graphics would appear sharper even if arcade performance means business between me and Nintendo: customer and owner.  Looking at the fruit icons with understanding depends on lighter contrast given to the lower intermediate of dot matrix technology.  Holding the Gameboy Pocket is very much like gripping a Pokemon card with its window of picture and letter icons below- actually, I can tilt the Gameboy Pocket towards my lamp with some ease although for gripping I need a bit of bias in my grasping of controls.  Currently a lot of the public’s statements about “no bias” are biased in of themselves because citizens are only considering the prejudice aspect- bias can also mean topic, engine, system, uniqueness, etc.  So, holding the Gameboy Pocket is definitely a unique experience and there might also be prejudice because I somewhat already have to be aware of the original Ms. Pac-Man from the arcade to play this Gameboy masterpiece- problem is, it’s a masterpiece on the original Gameboy and not so much on the Gameboy Pocket.  Think of the Gameboy Pocket like a tablet with buttons.  Sooner or later, your female hero will have to face the odds against incoming ghosts who linger in dangerous corners around the point-accumulating mazes.  1/2 mode just makes things worse!  On that 1/2 mode I can’t really tell what the characters are doing or where they’re coming from unless my preconceptions of the Ms. Pac-Man formula are very high.  At least the direction pad works but I need more than that.  Not to mention, the Gameboy Pocket when used is going to have dust here and there naturally since video games have to be laid down or picked up in rooms or spaces with dust, dirt, and debris.  Purchasing this portable used was a piece of cake; in fact, the Gameboy Pocket came to my radar when a local market held the used device under scrutiny and machine-to-machine organization.  Games for the Gameboy library have to be distinguished by trademarks and special names or else the whole library would seem commonplace at the surface.







No comments:

Post a Comment