Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Videogame Review, Klax for the Retron 2 Console



Videogame Review, Klax for the Retron 2 Console

It doesn’t work on the Retron 2.  My feeling, or estimation based on scientific reasoning, is that Klax (in a somewhat unofficial cartridge) can’t function well without the bending of pins and needles under original Nintendo equipment.  Quite simple- I’ve gone to the system, put in the game, turned it on, and, from viewing a lot of corruption in video, I’ve decided to “let it slide”.  Maintenance is important when we’re dealing with older equipment.  The Retron 2 console is a combination of old and new most of the time due to 2 forms of equipment: 1) the Retron 2 console itself, and 2) used NES cartridges.  For the moment I only have just so many new NES games.  Or, if any of the used cartridges are “new”, it’s in the sense of inexperienced glory.  You’ll probably scan a bit from glancing at my note here for Klax on the Retron 2.  So, if you’re a business owner of video games and only give customers in-store credit for “working consoles” (that always work and never have problems) you’re going to run into issues with customer service.  The Retron 2 was never designed to make NES games work always.  It depends on the game, the program, and the gameplay.  An NES cartridge may or may not work- the original NES equipment has aged just from sitting and this is true even for brand new NES games.  I’ve put in another NES game into the Retron 2 and it works just fine.  When I attempt loading up Klax I get distortions in video and color, particularly around the edges and into the depth of abstraction.  Yes, the Klax cartridge sits in the slot; then again, the colored cartridge feels loose in the slot and I’m very knowledge’d about pins, needles, and my desire for tighter connection.  The controls technically work well.  Of course, I’m not going to play a game that’s bugging the heck out of the screen and making video worse from interruptions in flow and electric maintenance engineered into the Retron 2 via Klax.  The Nintendo Entertainment System has been known for its malfunctions.  What makes this situation interesting is how pins and needles require that pressure of connection in relations of heat and electricity.  I’ve also inserted the same cartridge back into the original NES console I have at hand and the program works tremendously, and, I really play a game for thorough testing.  My new 72-pin connector is a very tight fit; then again, I can’t let the game run at fault for a loose slot either.      

https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Klax-Retron-2-Console-834718218

No comments:

Post a Comment