Translate

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Videogame Review, Dig-Dug for the Atari 5200 Console (w/ Used PC Fighter 6 Controller)



Videogame Review, Dig-Dug for the Atari 5200 Console (w/ Used PC Fighter 6 Controller)

Yes.  I mean, really, yes.  You’re looking at a review for an Atari 5200 game where I’m using a somewhat unpopular PC controller by Capcom.  An eBay seller created a custom cord for the buyer (yes, that’s me) to manage for gameplay with some PC controllers.  Many PC gamers have played with keyboards and mouses for the Xbox One; there’s been controller-convertors for the Nintendo Wii and PS4.  So, I feel that this review should give some light on a gamer’s motor skills of intellect and fascination regarding the Atari 5200 console and supposed modifications made by diehard Atari fans.  Maybe I’ll show the convertor later.  But for right now I’m playing Dig-Dug on the Atari 5200 console with Capcom’s controller designed for 90’s PC gaming rather than Atari 5200 gaming.  Let me clarify a possible mistaken notion- the Atari 5200 console has a strong, but small, library of Atari 5200 games.  This controller is called the PC Fighter 6 controller and was designed by Capcom for the PC gaming genre in connection to the Mega Man series and the Street Fighter series.  Do I think the controller is great?  Well, it’s too early for it to be great yet!  But I can say the PC Fighter 6 controller is cheap, flimsy, and extremely accurate.  Dig-Dug is an Atari game in this case.  It’s about underground monsters who transform into ghostly forms when searching through the dirt for a strange soil-miner.  Challenge gets very intense here, I’ve gone beyond the course for 3 tall, huge red flowers.  Each tall, huge red flower indicates that the player has completed more than several courses at varying difficulty.  Unlimited continues may be allowed.  Of course, by going on and on with the program for a practically infinite time under no formal watch, Dig-Dug goes from being an arcade game to a sit-at-home, somewhat homemade experience.  Atari 5200 joysticks, or, the original Atari 5200 joysticks, do involve some pain in the process of gaming in one hand, the hand needed for holding the joystick’s bottom base, and it feels rather good for a change to play with a simple PC controller that’s not only economical, but keeps my fingers intact to some extraordinary gameplay.  And yet… I prefer the Atari 5200 joystick in terms of manipulative purpose of playing an old classic from the arcade.  The first version I played Dig-Dug of in my childhood was on the Nintendo 64.  Nintendo 64 controllers, or, Nintendo’s original controllers for the Nintendo 64 are more fit in ergonomics than the PC Fighter 6 controller due to grasp, holding, and complicated buttoning of functions.  Still, I loved playing Dig-Dug with this PC controller.  The grasp for the PC Fighter 6 controller isn’t as good as that for the Atari Jaguar controller (which I can’t use for the Atari 5200 console) but it’s short, quick, and easy to handle with a healthy amount of pleasure in return for sweet gaming.  


No comments:

Post a Comment