Translate

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Videogame Review, Boulder Dash for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ NES Cleaning Kit)




Videogame Review, Boulder Dash for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ NES Cleaning Kit)


Constant loss is bad for business.  The good news is, Nintendo’s cleaning kit works well and my brand new NES console is now running.  Bad news is, this game stinks!  I can’t believe someone would even like this game.  For starters, the animation is very lacking and you’ll trip over enemies really quickly without knowing what’s going on.  Dig-Dug has beautiful animation; so, why does this game get buggy?  A digging event shouldn’t happen this quickly.  Digging in real life should be more of a challenge with ongoing moments happening on the spot.  Here, I’ll dig over an enemy and it’ll kill me faster than I can blink my eye.  That’s not fair!  We’re dealing with a game that doesn’t slowly reveal the digging event and just lets everything go zig-zag.  Rocks will fall on you before you see them coming.  A password can be used, but there’s hesitation on my end concerning the quick relapse of action towards the front and rear, especially from dirt that suddenly disappears with no progress of any vanishing event to speak of for eventual concentration.  Boulder Dash just doesn’t have the concentration of video to leak in flowing snaps of time: everything is sudden, immediate, and practically automatic.  How impersonal.  (Let me start another story to keep the reader comfortable.  My NES Cleaning Kit is a simple device with ready tools at hand for water, preferably distilled water, or perhaps distilled water and rubbing alcohol for best results.  To be clear, using the cleaning cartridge involves a simple finger technique and some patience for drying the contacts.  Cleaning my NES console was very pleasing to the circumstances and with plenty of human feeling for my local community and eBay.  When performing the cleaning methods I witness progress in slow motion.  Boulder Dash only clips in video half the time.  I’m sure the game “works”.  Problem is, I don’t see the work; the miner character pops into existence in a flash and I’m unable to carry the missing weight of progression in video for where there’s little to none.  However, my cleaning kit is nice and gentle on the surfaces.)  So, yeah!  That’s my story.  Maybe another gamer will like it if he assumes too much.  Some guys appear to already know what it looks like.  The miner’s animation in digging, if you can call it animation, isn’t good.  He’ll dig into the dirt as if he’s on steroids.  When a gamer assumes too much, a continue will be made with no hesitation and lack of interest in art because, in theory, he’s “the smartest guy in the world and nobody can stop him”.  Well, I won’t stop a guy like that, but it’s a sad situation.  I enjoy art and love taking my time to enjoy the picture.  Boulder Dash cuts to the chase where a gamer overcompensates.  Gamers of this nature get pushy and want immediate results even if constant loss doesn’t bother them.  I’m not like that kind of gamer.  The flashing video for this game is more appropriate for a battery-operated calculator in math class and not much else.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Boulder-Dash-NES-Console-863928038

No comments:

Post a Comment