Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Videogame Review, DaGeDar for the Nintendo DS (w/ Nintendo 2DS)




Videogame Review, DaGeDar for the Nintendo DS (w/ Nintendo 2DS)


It’s a combination of pinball and racing.  The promise is unique; however, it’s not very original in terms of use and management.  When going fast into each tunnel you’ll notice considerable frame-rate issues.  Also, some common rules for programming games aren’t followed here, including the following rules: 1) have racing speed be meaningful; 2) have computer opponents be meaningful; and, 3) have a good timer with realistic gameplay.  Usually this DS game is a difficulty and not so much a challenge.  My computer opponents don’t make sense- from time to time, the computer opponents will be very fast for no reason and I don’t actually see them do their sport.  We can’t have confidence for a sport when we just don’t know what our opponents are doing in following normal rules of play.  A gamer doesn’t need all the secrets; but, a gamer does need awareness for basics and normal rules.  The computer opponents may be doing a performance that my instruction manual doesn’t mention.  On a basic level, I should be doing well on novice difficulty; here, in this case, my opponents just speed right past me for no apparent cause.  Has anybody heard of DaGeDar?  I haven’t!  Pinball involves rotating angles; racing involves revolving turns.  So, when putting pinball and racing together, we’re bound to have new possibilities.  But new ideas have to be tested for evidence of work.  My video game reviews are generally for personal use and I hope readers can learn a thing or two.  In each tunnel, you’re spinning a ball into submission of velocity to where future years are leading to present moments under current racing.  Getting into the “future” is tricky.  Programmers often just enjoy teasing gamers into impossible odds.  By having this pinball racing game I should be champion of everything with ease due to my personal experience with the Mario Kart series.  Losing is common, failing is common, and damage is common- these aren’t good features for a racing game on my end.  I’m already a great player in Mario Kart and this pinball racing game shouldn’t be such a pain.  But it is.  How do the computer opponents go so fast when I’m not really seeing things happen?  A problem with DaGeDar has to do with the horse-eye perspective in subtle 2D visual effects.  Often I’m just stuck looking at a particular point.  There’s no real sense of progress; and, even when I win a zone, the game doesn’t celebrate loud with high volume.  Only a couple of menu screen items give any indication of strong features.  While playing the game, I’m rolling into tunnels and blind spots block me longer than they should be blocking me.  I need to be personal for a game that speaks in volume to little real evidence of gameplay.  Right now, on the internet, almost nobody knows this game- that’s a common situation for lots of Nintendo DS games.  Maybe popularity can make a little sense in terms of practical goals and motives.  Then again, when my ball is hard to roll into the picture, it makes me question the picture until further notice.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-DaGeDar-for-Nintendo-DS-w-2DS-864868518

No comments:

Post a Comment