Translate

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Videogame Review, Virtua Racing Deluxe for the Sega 32X

Videogame Review, Virtua Racing Deluxe for the Sega 32X


Maybe a player has enough imagination for this game to make sense of anything.  It depends on person, identity, and culture.  But I do “find” missing pieces during gameplay.  Someone in the future may have trouble even recognizing this game in video presentation because, when going into racing tracks with a few vehicles, you’re bound to find colors for void and shades for empty spaces.  Let me clarify the problem.  It’s possible for a retro gamer from the past to “see” into dislocations of a view until an imaginary vision is clear as ice.  For the modern gamer today, here’s the issue- I don’t think a modern gamer is going to necessarily “see” into the program because that would require functions of the human brain.  People in the 1990’s had their forms of imagination along the lines of entertainment when, actually, they were also quite blind and ignorant of colors and sounds.  Today, from looking at this racing game for the Sega 32X console, I doubt that a young person would really “find” the invisible objects and suggestive visuals.  Once I was looking at my racing car and asked myself, “Okay, where are the pipes?”  And that’s not all.  In terms of my personal observation for the 1990’s, the Sega Saturn version of the Virtua Racing series is a complete presentation and an absolute masterpiece.  The Sega 32X version is… off.  Turning with my vehicle is possible on the Sega Saturn.  For the Sega 32X, my vehicle doesn’t have smooth control, not even for direction pad control.  The Sega Saturn version of the Virtua Racing series really takes the cake and brings home the presents.  My Sega 32X console is an interesting experiment of sorts; then again, I need to tell what I’m looking at.  Programmers back then knew the importance of views and fashion.  Taking a step backwards isn’t so easy on the tongue.  By writing this review I hope to give players a real taste for what’s coming on the Sega 32X and, unless you’re having different eyes, things I see with my own eyes should be credited for sport and getting behind the wheels.  Speaking of wheels… are the parts functional or dysfunctional?  I only consider them functional in terms of Sega 32X experimenting.  Going into a course can mean trouble.  Unlike the Sega Saturn version, which has a complete presentation of sounds and visuals, the Sega 32X version appears to drift between absence and completion to the point of no return except for partial obedience in driving and semi-confidence within reach of little obscurities.  I’ve played both versions of the Virtua Racing series to this date and I’m the same person.  From what I’m examining here in details and facts, I can’t go ahead with this Sega 32X version.  If I go ahead with this Sega 32X version, I must dismiss the Sega Saturn version.  But that’s a mistake I won’t make!  I know retro fans for the Sega Genesis (with Sega 32X) want Virtua Racing Deluxe to be good.  But that’s just a present sense of imagination that can fade into the myths and rumors of videogame history according to the past, present, and future of evolutionary changes.  I must really see the pipes and objects before receiving them in earnest.  Until then, Virtua Racing Deluxe was an imaginary classic for the Sega 32X- the past imagination disappears, but will we get that past imagination again, somehow, with ongoing changes of modern technology and extinct behaviors?  I don’t think so. 




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Virtua-Racing-Deluxe-Sega-32X-876439277

No comments:

Post a Comment